greffardized

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doug,

That thing sound'a expensive,but then again my 633 HP Pontiac 408 in my TA cost me some cake to but you know it was worth every last penny.It's 633hp at 6900,588ft.lbs at 2900,this car flys I do the quarter mile at N.E.D. at usally 10.80's to 10.90's at 125-132 mph that fast.It will pull the front wheels off the ground at least a foot,you should see people when I drive it around town and do wheels up from stop lights,but that M5 motor is definetly strange to look at from my point of view..

Later Rob

hotsaws

Hello Doug Babcock and Stihl Magnum,
Just a note of caution, If Robert Andrews( Rotax Robert) calls either of you ands wants to borrow your car for 2-3 weeks I wouldn't let him near them
Ken

I hear ya, Rob. When we get together sometime, we can talk about big American iron for sure. I used to have a '69 Camaro that I owned since it was brand new. By the time I sold it some years ago, I must have had at least a dozen engines in it, ending up with a 540 inch short deck bowtie through an Art Carr transmission. I stopped short of having it tubbed, but they did make me put a roll bar in it near the end when the times started getting down there. Fully streetable and registered, Of course "streetable" is a very vague term.

:D AMEN TO THAT :D

My car used to be Streetable I think :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

But it's still registered,and driven on the street,but believe me 110 octane get's very $$$$ after a while.

Later Rob.

Thanks for the advice Ken.

Doug,
How do you like this "HEAT WAVE"

Doug,

What do you run for chains on your Husky's??

I'm in a big debate about what I should run on my 385XP,Full Skip,or Semi,or Full Comp.I just can't decide on what I should use,I've been using full comp,but was thinking about trying Full Skip:confused: :confused:

Later Rob..

Howdy all,,, I just couldn't let this thread die off............
Dennis is building me a 25hp 066 hear in the near future (eat you heart out Gyro)
Looking forward to yet another great running saw by," Hot saws by Den"

best gains in a work horse

What saw gives you the best gains for a 60 plus cc saw for everyday tree work? Gypo would probably say 088KD others might say ????

Dennis,

Do these 385XP's have those limiter caps on the "H" needle only??When I adjusted that carb I could turn the"L" needle as many times as I wanted,but when I went to turn the "H" I think all I could turn it was like 3/4 of a turn,not very much adjustment...

Also there is a little oil coming out of the top port of the muffler at idle does that mean it is to "rich" on the "L" setting,should I lean it out a little??

Thanks for any advice
Rob..

limiter screws

Hi Rob, I removed the limiter caps on my 372 by threading a sheet metal screw into the slot until the plastic caps split, then removed what was left of them with a pair of small wire cutters. Be careful, the screw that is left after the plastic is removed is very small and hard to keep the screwdriver in the slot while the saw in running WOT. I didn't notice the final screw setting to be any different than with the limiter at full rich. Your saw may be different. That saw really screams now after I put a extra port in the muffler Ken Dunn style.

Can anyone here like Dennis or Dunn or someone post some pics of Limiter removal on these Husky's?? I'll appreciate.I was gonna take the carb off today but I don't really feel up to it at the moment I'm kinda tired after cuttin' all day.

Thanks Rob...

You should be able to do it with the carb on the saw once you remove the top cover and any guide surrounding the screws.

Latest posts

Back