Ground Crew ??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that looks interesting. I see its advantage being that once you place the logs into that mini bed. how do you get the logs into the truck?

it appears like you drop the logs back onto the ground once you are near the truck and need a knuckle boom truck to lift them up. its either that or cut them into smaller sections and lift them manually. by the time it would take to do that id have 3 Latino's hauling the wood manually with 3 wheelbarrows that would be running circles around that machine, especially since it requires outriggers down everytime you lift.

do you guys have a knuckle boom? if so I see this machine possibly being an asset to your company.

TreeCo said:
How much do 3 Latino's cost?

How much is that Ground Crew equipment?

I think the mini skid steerers are by far the way to go but I do love gear.

Dan

ground men (women) hear in ca. are $15 hr. X 8 X 3 = $360 per day + employment cost

the ground crew is about $25K and over 60 month's thats about $500 a month

Last edited:
John464 said:
that looks interesting. I see its advantage being that once you place the logs into that mini bed. how do you get the logs into the truck?

it has a lift hight of 12" so we could use it to load are debris boxs

ASD said:
ground men (women) hear in ca. are $15 hr. X 8 X 3 = $360 per day + employment cost

the ground crew is about $25K and over 60 month's thats about $500 a month
you forgot...
+ an operator = $120 + fuel = $20 + repairs/maintenance + another truck and trailer to transport it and all the expense that come along with it.

may be worth it for you. pretty cool that it will reach 12' high.

I think id still prefer 3 ground guys, but still would be interested in seeing this machine in action. I may be provoked otherwise

I'll stick with some 3 guys and a skid. That thing looks like it would take too long to be of anny help and a skid would out perform that so bad its not funny. But if you think it will help you out all the power to yah. :greenchainsaw:

I run a New Holland TC45 compact tractor with supersteer. It doesn't rip up lawns and lifts high enough to loads my log truck. Around $30-35k new, $20k used.
Get a tractor, it moves faster, picks up heavier loads and can perform more tasks. Also it doesn't call out sick or complain of back pains.

Back