groundmen (drive me nuts, make me laugh,....)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have plenty of awesome cottonwoods out here. I've never seen the cotton get bad like in other places, I don't know why it doesn't seem to go crazy here

I have a ground guy who ALWAYS screws up at least one thing, every single job he's on. Yesterday, he secured the brush tub and hand truck to one of our trailers. "Hey, man, that doesn't look right. Why didn't you do that the way I've shown you, many times, now?" "Aw, it's OK, it's on there real good." "You sure? I don't want that thing flying off when we're on the expressway." "No, no way, it's on good." Less than two minutes after we pulled away from the job site, while we were still on a local road, thankfully: "Where that tub at? Is that tub still on there?" (Me, looking in the rear view mirror): "Uh, no, man, it's gone, and traffic is too tight for me to circle back. Lucky for you I was planning on replacing it, tomorrow." And so it goes------ (The gf and I laughed our butts off, about this, last night.)

I have a ground guy who ALWAYS screws up at least one thing, every single job he's on. Yesterday, he secured the brush tub and hand truck to one of our trailers. "Hey, man, that doesn't look right. Why didn't you do that the way I've shown you, many times, now?" "Aw, it's OK, it's on there real good." "You sure? I don't want that thing flying off when we're on the expressway." "No, no way, it's on good." Less than two minutes after we pulled away from the job site, while we were still on a local road, thankfully: "Where that tub at? Is that tub still on there?" (Me, looking in the rear view mirror): "Uh, no, man, it's gone, and traffic is too tight for me to circle back. Lucky for you I was planning on replacing it, tomorrow." And so it goes------ (The gf and I laughed our butts off, about this, last night.)

Isn't the driver responsible to make sure everything is secure before pulling away?

This just makes me laugh.

My ground man looked at me today after the tree was down and asked me if I knew what kind of tree that is. I replied kinda snotty " uh yea its a red oak" he said nope its history lol I just had to laugh.

Some funny stories. I always am thinking for myself on the job and then for my 2 groundies, they're dumb ####'s. I remember last summer our main gm rang a bell at a homeowner's with a goofy toothy grin on his face.. till the yellow jackets swarmed his ###. As of now we have 2 gm, ones out for carpal tunnel in his wrist and the other hit his leg with the chainsaw Friday and got 9 stitches. So now me and my father are slamming it out, at least he can think haha.

Latest posts

Back