GTG at Tree Monkey's DEC. 6 Augusta, WI

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Homelite410

Homelite410

Hack with a CNC Mill
But these are sooooooooo beautiful!!!!!
6cd279361a2994846f2d045799f63b43.jpg

RVALUE

RVALUE

Addicted to ArboristSite
Crying shame that bigger is not always better. In the long run , hour after hour of laying down wood, (actually doing work) a wee bit smaller and better handler has ample horsepower to get the job done.

I almost never use my 3120, and the 372 is only a couple minutes slower on a 4 foot cut. So if you only have a big tree every 6 months..................................

Mo. Jim

Mo. Jim

Addicted to ArboristSite
Ooo! Ooo! Ya! You ARE bringing MO Jim, right?! And logging 22? And WSC? (am i gettin greedy?) And..and... Everyone?! [emoji56] how boot the emu? Can he make it?
Aw, sucks, i think i miss you guys... [emoji4]
Sara I would love to make the trip, but working in the cold is how I wound up with that bad foot and leg last winter. I had my hands and feet frost bit as a teenager and the older I get the less cold I can tolerate.

RVALUE

RVALUE

Addicted to ArboristSite
Sara I would love to make the trip, but working in the cold is how I wound up with that bad foot and leg last winter. I had my hands and feet frost bit as a teenager and the older I get the less cold I can tolerate.
Yup! That's it! That's my problem........ I was out be hind the barn and got first bit. :)

Homelite410

Homelite410

Hack with a CNC Mill
But your the best Missouri coffee making chainsaw nut I know!!!!!! Just keep the coffee flowing to us Jim, that will do just fine!

sam-tip
Doug are you going to make it. I hear you have lots of toys to bring to a gtg.
Trying to make it work. Will have to leave at o dark thirty to get there. Weather and road conditions is the key factor.

3120 is my least used saw but most important. When you need it you really need it.

My most used is the smallest 38 cc saw.

Plenty of fun toys for a gtg but limited room in trailer.

Toad22t

Toad22t

Addicted to ArboristSite
I just wanna see these trailers you all are talking about after they are all loaded. That itself is gonna be a beautiful sight. I may have to take a mental picture and put it in thee old spank bank. Lol

Oliver1655

Oliver1655

Addicted to ArboristSite
Hoping to make it, but if not, plans are in the works to get the bucking trailer there.
Log Bucking Trailer 14 ft long (8).JPG

Logs need to be less than 14' long. Prefer not to have larger than 24" diameter on top. The large rounds have too much energy rolling down the expanded metal. Don't want anyone hurt.

It is very important that both ends of the log are cut at ruffly the same time. If only one is cut all the way up to the rack, it is a real possibility of the other end falling & flipping the log off the rack. Ask Don-Sunfish what happens if this happens. (He was not the person operating the saw, just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

That is Hedgerow's splitter on the right.

TBrown

TBrown

more saws than I need
Hoping to make it, but if not, plans are in the works to get the bucking trailer there.
View attachment 379798

Logs need to be less than 14' long. Prefer not to have larger than 24" diameter on top. The large rounds have too much energy rolling down the expanded metal. Don't want anyone hurt.

It is very important that both ends of the log are cut at ruffly the same time. If only one is cut all the way up to the rack, it is a real possibility of the other end falling & flipping the log off the rack. Ask Don-Sunfish what happens if this happens. (He was not the person operating the saw, just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Good info and awesome set up. Will plan accordingly. Right now they are skidding tree length.

RVALUE

RVALUE

Addicted to ArboristSite
View attachment 379798

I can see how that trailer, a tractor loading it, and 2 men moving the rounds could double my production. :)

RVALUE

RVALUE

Addicted to ArboristSite
View attachment 379798

A solution would be to have (2 ?) cutting them to length while on the forks. Kindof a pre- station station. Then the logs gettting to the trailer would be very similar. This would lower congestion at the trailer also.

Another million dollar solution!

TBrown

TBrown

more saws than I need
A solution would be to have (2 ?) cutting them to length while on the forks. Kindof a pre- station station. Then the logs gettting to the trailer would be very similar. This would lower congestion at the trailer also.

Another million dollar solution!
Great idea, not sure if there will be anything with forks or grapple. But log truck should work...

Latest posts