GTG at Tree Monkey's DEC. 6 Augusta, WI

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hoping to make it, but if not, plans are in the works to get the bucking trailer there.

See if you guys can get Denny from Interfaith Caregivers there to see the trailer in action!

It is very important that both ends of the log are cut at ruffly the same time. If only one is cut all the way up to the rack, it is a real possibility of the other end falling & flipping the log off the rack.

Would additional top/mid-tier support bars address this?

Philbert

In Mansfield we would prep the tops while on the ground in the staging area, Doug would pick them up with the Tool cat and pile them at the bucking trailer, and John loaded them on the trailer with forks. It worked real smooth most of the time. The only bottleneck was getting the wood split, and at times getting the split wood moved out of the way.
With logs instead of only tops, I would think the time required to prep them would be much less, and output would also be higher.

Hoping to make it, but if not, plans are in the works to get the bucking trailer there.
View attachment 379798

Logs need to be less than 14' long. Prefer not to have larger than 24" diameter on top. The large rounds have too much energy rolling down the expanded metal. Don't want anyone hurt.

It is very important that both ends of the log are cut at ruffly the same time. If only one is cut all the way up to the rack, it is a real possibility of the other end falling & flipping the log off the rack. Ask Don-Sunfish what happens if this happens. (He was not the person operating the saw, just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

That is Hedgerow's splitter on the right.
It left a mark or three. Keeps ya on yer toes though.

That photo was taken before I got my splitter set up in the 'danger zone'...

9d72d0751504e28270de9b04b58ea1dc.jpg

db5f80b650ad7c40e285b737782ba0f5.jpg

514a14d23ebdadc71beb7d8c5ed377e2.jpg

Two cord plus load on trailer.

The problem with the log flipping was not during the loading but one of the saw operators got ahead of the one on the other side & so it flipped sideways. Everyone now keeps an eye on their cutting partner so that is not really an issue.

One operator who is kept feed saws so they did not have to take time to fill or sharpen the chain can keep 3 splitters busy. Lumberjackchef proved this. Hedgerow & Worksawcollector kept handing him saws to run at the initial charity cut we used the trailer on & by the time he got a break I think his arms were a couple of inches longer.

The problem with the log flipping was not during the loading but one of the saw operators got ahead of the one on the other side & so it flipped sideways. Everyone now keeps an eye on their cutting partner so that is not really an issue.

One operator who is kept feed saws so they did not have to take time to fill or sharpen the chain can keep 3 splitters busy. Lumberjackchef proved this. Hedgerow & Worksawcollector kept handing him saws to run at the initial charity cut we used the trailer on & by the time he got a break I think his arms were a couple of inches longer.
Chad is one heck of a saw operator and carver

If someone's got the itch to run saws, that trailer will cure them of it...
Bout 2 hours and 6 saws later, they'll be looking for a break!!

I'm bringin john Deere saws Alan!!
That'll make 3 total , so far...

Back