GTG November 4th in MA

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BostonBull

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I am having a GTG in Essex, MA again this year. This one will be a bit different though.
First off we will be having the grand opening of the new Mayer Power Products store. Mayer Power Products is a full line sales and service Stihl dealer and we are also a full line Arborist supply company.
This event wil be fully catered by a great BBQ company. We are one of the only dealers in the area to have an area where you can actually demo any pro model saw in the Stihl line. We will have one of the two cranes set-up for Arborists to check out and MAYBE get a lift up on. They are real nice!! http://www.manitowoccranes.com/MCG_GRO/Products/EN/GMK3055.asp

We will also be having a "yard sale" of all the huskies we have in our line-up now and any other used saws around the shop up at Mayer Tree and also from any of our sister companies.

We are trying to get a rep from Grive, Stihl, Vermeer, and a few other places there for demos. There is also the possibility of a boot truck being set-up here at that same time taking orders and doing custom boot/shoe fittings.

If it runs into the night there will be a bonfire of course and maybe a few live bands.

I will make arrangements at the local hotels for our out of town guests so if you need a room please give me a PM, E-mail or a call. This event will start at 11:00 a.m. The Store will be open at 9:00 a.m. and the yard sale will begin at the tree shop next door at that same time.

*ALL AS MEMBERS WILL SAVE AN ADDITIONAL 5% OFF*

cool

Hey BB,

This looks like a cool event. You guys have a great shop with plenty of room to run saws and lots of cool equipment. Did you get that 100 ton crane yet?

And for anybody who hasn't been up in this area of Massachusetts in the fall, it's a beautiful area.

Bob

Thanks for the good words!! No we didnt get the 100T we now have a sister machines. They are both Grove 3055 60 ton. 2004 and 2006. We had the lights and cameras put on the boom for emergency work and night jobs.

There was almost a 2 year waiting list for the 100!

We look forward to seeing you there.

We will also be allowing other people and other companies who want to, set-up a table with used gear for sale on this day. Just let me know if you need space.

That's a great idea! A "chainsaw stuff" flea market. I think it has the possibility of becoming a big success. You could have modern saws/parts, vintage stuff, milling, climbing gear, PPE, etc.

That is exactly what we are going for. The tables will also be open for old gear related to tree work of any kind. chippers, grinders, anything. Depending on turnout this year we may make this a yearly event. We definately have the space for it.

I wanted to let everyone know that we will be raffling off an MS200T, and depending on how the raffle goes, meaning of enough tickets are sold early and too keep the odds of winning up, we will also do an MS441, and maybe a BG 85 blower. Tickets are 5 dollars and you do not have to be present to win. I will accept PAYPAL for this and will need an e-mail or PM with Name, phone number and address so we can contact you should you win. I will let everyone here know what other products we will be raffling off.

There will also be an Arborist supply raffle on this day. Items in raffle will be named later on.

OK here is the prize list in the $5 raffle.

1st prize MS441
2nd Prize MS200T
3rd Prize 120' of any climbing line we have in stock
4th Prize choie of Forestry Helmet and gloves or Stihl "Demo" bag whch includes Chaps, Gloves, Safety Glasses, a Stihl Baseball hat, a Safety DVD, and a niceNylon Stihl Gear Bag.
5th Prize is whatever is not picked by the fourth place winner.

As I said before you can PAYPAL the money and I will hold the ticket stubs for you if your coming or e-mail you the numbers and get your contact info, should you win and not be present the shipping will be paid by winner.

Guys.....I just wanted to bump this thread up.

This is less than a month away. We are still selling raffle tickets for the drawings, and we need a head count of whos coming for the BBQ company we are going to have cater the event. I will get a confirmed list posted of which vendors will be set-up here and what the events for the day will be. There is also room left if anyone wants to set-up a table to sell some of their tree stuff while here.

Hi Bull;

I might want to check out this event. I've been wondering about doing one at my store.

I'm guessing that Nov. 4 is a Saturday, right?

How far are you guys from Rockport? I like to stop there on my way to Maine to spend my LL "bean bucks" every year, courtesy of Exmark. So, it would be fun to swing in if I'm close by.

We are located in Essex, which is about 20-30 minutes south of Rockport o rte 128. So you can stop in before you hit Rockport.

Just wanted to bump this thread. Little over a week away. We have tons of great sponsors coming up here and as said before free food and raffles.

We are also selling 357 (1), 372(at least 5 of them maybe more), 575(1-2), 385(1-2), 395(2 I *think*), 460(1), and maybe a 660 used that day.

Plus TONS of 020/200T used parts saws and used parts. I believe we have some 372 parts saws as well.

Heres some directions for all who are coming. If you need more specific directions from elsewhere please PM me and I will assist you.

The shops address is
7 Scots Way
Essex, MA

From the south Take I-95 North to 128 North towards Gloucester. Get off at exit 18 (Rte 22) and take a left at stop sign. Go past Mobil on right and then stay left at the split in the road, 22 North. Follow to stop sign approx. 1.5 miles. Take right. Follow 1/4 mile and take a left after the soccer field, 22 North. Follow to stop sign and take a right. Go about 3 miles down. You will come down a slight hill and see a Pizza House and JR's rte 22 restaurant on the left. Scotts Way is immediately after this on the left. Follow to the first building on the right, about 500 feet, and that is us. Parking is anywhere on the street you would like and the upper DIRT parking lot next to the building is also an option.

Everything kicks off around 10:00 and lasts till dark.

Hope to see everyone there.

We have another sponsor coming here on saturday.

Bobcat of Boston will be bringing some machinery up to show off.

Hope to see everyone here saturday from 10-4.

Less than a day away. We hope to see everyone here tomorrow. It is supposed to be a great day,little cold. Free food and lots of used Huskies for sale :D

It was great to see everyone there on Saturday! What a good turnout we had. I hope everyone enjoyed themselves. A special thanks to all of our sponsors and to the people who participated in the free yard sale.

We hope to see everyone next year, this may even turn into a Bi-Annual event.........

Latest posts

Back