guilt free day off

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treevet

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Charge the batteries and blow off a day's work?

What do you all do, fishing, mcycle ride, movies...? Sometimes does more good than harm.

[video=youtube_share;OG_6CopW9GQ]http://youtu.be/OG_6CopW9GQ[/video]

a ride to a certain wooded area to do some plinking is very relaxing on a day off.

a ride for me...
usually after a late wake up, down to my favourite cafe for a big breakfast and an espresso. With head properly cleared its off down the coast road through the national park for some inspiring views. Back home in the afternoon, pop some music on and have a couple beers.

attachment.php

I wont know what such a day is. I normally work everyday during the summer. I used to go for motorcycle rides, and go shooting. Well that was before i decided to be self employeed. The good old days. lol

I wont know what such a day is. I normally work everyday during the summer. I used to go for motorcycle rides, and go shooting. Well that was before i decided to be self employeed. The good old days. lol

Im with ya man, one of the issues of having yur shop at home,I look out the window and realize "I should fix that"

We keep talking about a camping trip with the boys, but doubt it will happen.

a ride for me...
usually after a late wake up, down to my favourite cafe for a big breakfast and an espresso. With head properly cleared its off down the coast road through the national park for some inspiring views. Back home in the afternoon, pop some music on and have a couple beers.

attachment.php

That is a typical Sun. for me without the beers (had to quit cause I ruined it by not knowing when enough is enough). Me a drive down into Kentucky on twisty roads up and down foot hills of Appalachians and some incredible views, then home to watch the game, go out for some spicy food, talk the wife into something, and generally avoid work, especially the desk, like a plate of broccoli. If I got a big job on Mon. just get up early and sharpen the saws and clean air filters.

The bike I bought is not comfortable like yours (FJR?) but its fun comes in short trips even weaving in and out of traffic at way over the speed limit to bid a far away job I would never get in the car or truck to go to after work or weekend. It has more than paid for itself in that respect. Should be a write off...right?

That is a typical Sun. for me without the beers (had to quit cause I ruined it by not knowing when enough is enough). Me a drive down into Kentucky on twisty roads up and down foot hills of Appalachians and some incredible views, then home to watch the game, go out for some spicy food, talk the wife into something, and generally avoid work, especially the desk, like a plate of broccoli. If I got a big job on Mon. just get up early and sharpen the saws and clean air filters.

The bike I bought is not comfortable like yours (FJR?) but its fun comes in short trips even weaving in and out of traffic at way over the speed limit to bid a far away job I would never get in the car or truck to go to after work or weekend. It has more than paid for itself in that respect. Should be a write off...right?

I'm heading that way pretty soon on the beer myself... It's a good thing to know when enough is enough. I hope you don't have to account for all the garbage you generated when it comes to D Day or I'll be facing a mountain range of empty beer bottles!

Mines a blackbird (CBR1100xx). Being a taller guy, it's one of the few bikes I can sit on and not look silly. It's comfortable all day long and I used to do some pretty big days on it before I started running my own show. Rolled past 150,000km a few months back.

Shaun

Latest posts

Back