Guys, don't get complacent out there!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad to see you're ok, someone was looking out for you. The damage to the bar isn't that bad, should buff right out.

Complacency, Safety, & Lessons learned

First of all, thank heavens for your & your family's sake you are OK! It takes guts & a sense of wanting others to learn from this experience to post the story & the video. I've attended many lectures & seen many live & recorded demonstrations associated with my profession most of which showed "how it should be done" & a successful outcome. A very few had the foresight & courage to show poor results & downright failures. In most such cases there was much more to be learned from the failures. Congratulations on surviving & posting this. You may have saved someone else from a similar or worse fate.

Brad glad it was only as bad as it was for you. It obviously could have been way worse.

Awesome of you to show the video and what happened to you and the saw.

In the scope of it most people tend to hold in there to long and not get away from the tree in time as you did and I am sure several others of us have done as well. Some of us were just a little more lucky to get away.

Last point I though you bleed orange and white but I guess your blood is just as red as the rest of us:hmm3grin2orange:

Brad, all of our disagreements of the past aside, I am glad you are alive buddy....pay attention a few days from now that you dont end up with "left over" symptoms...I had migraine like symptoms that went about 10fold worse than any migraine I have ever had 3 days after my wack to the head 2 years ago. Its really scary stuff!

and then...there is this!

2 things I never see Brad wear...

Helmet and chaps...

Lets see if he smartens up and starts wearring both after this...

I've seen him wear chaps but never any other important ppe.

Geez Brad! That was rough to watch...Glad yer more-or-less okay, as it could have been a lot worse. But you proved one of the woodcutter's truths:

If a woodcutter is badly hurt they might say: "UUUUUGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

If a woodcutter is not badly hurt they say: "Where's my saw? is it okay?"

Take good care of yerself Brother, and watch for them collateral Widow Makers...they have sent many good woodcutters to the great beyond. Keep looking up...and get ready to RUN! :biggrin:

Do you have anyone keeping an eye on you at the moment?

Someone you that can listen to your speach, etc...

If not set a phone regiment with someone who knows where you live and can handle a 911 call and stick to it.

cool video brad..
how'r ya gonna top that one ???

seriously though, glad your ok, and very good of you to post the video, it'll probably save a life or two in the future...

Geez Brad! That was rough to watch...Glad yer more-or-less okay, as it could have been a lot worse. But you proved one of the woodcutter's truths:

If a woodcutter is badly hurt they might say: "UUUUUGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

If a woodcutter is not badly hurt they say: "Where's my saw? is it okay?"

Take good care of yerself Brother, and watch for them collateral Widow Makers...they have sent many good woodcutters to the great beyond. Keep looking up...and get ready to RUN! :biggrin:

That would be followed by a long string of expletives in my case... hell, when I get a little cut from something sharp under the hood of a car, I swear my brains out at it... :blob2:

That's incredible. You really dodged a bullet there buddy. :eek2:

Great service to all of us by being selfless in sharing that mishap. It will make many of us who are somewhat lax regarding PPE, (me being one of them), take it a bit more seriously.

Wow, that was a close one.

Its good you shared this. If nothing else to remind us all what can and does happen in an instant. Glad you're reasonably okay and hope you recover quickly. I felled a half dozen trees for a buddy Saturday before last, even though I forgot my helmet for the first time. You reminded me why I should have, and next time will, go back and get it.

All I can say is 'get back on the horse', but it may take a few trees before you get your confidence back. It will come back, though.

On 'aircrash investigation', they always document that a drama is always a result of a chain of events. Looking at that vid, a lot of things turned out badly for Brad. Count yourself lucky right there.

It takes also some courage to post that vid for the AS crowd to watch. We all have done dumb things in our life, so you won't hear any critics from me. Glad you made it and I bet you'll learn from this, so do we.

Hope you heal well!

I recommend this style. You can personalize them easily, and they are lightweight and cooler than plastic.

223690d1329168865-hats0001_1-jpg

223691d1329168955-modified-mac-t0001_1-jpg

View attachment 223690View attachment 223691

* and now you can say you cut down the ugly tree and got hit by every limb on the way down.... :hmm3grin2orange:

Glad you made it out with only minor probs man.
Hang in there man, sounds like you're already learning with it. There's some good advice above (not spacemules) about following up with your injuries.
Keeping you in my prayers thru your recovery.

Latest posts

Back