Gypo Sets Another World Record

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gypo Logger

Timber Baron
Reaction score
Hi Numptys,
It's a hard life but I had to cut another Veneeer tree today.
Anywho, I set another world record today with my 385KD cutting on a 59" circ Rock Elm. The chain was 72CL straight off the Silvey Pro Sharp I got from Hunter. For the best deals on grinders, call Jarod, the "Dolmar Dealer".
John

Hi Butch, it seems to be working on this end, prolly just a glitch. However, a right click, and "save target as", seems to work here.
John

Originally posted by Gypo Logger
The chain was 72CL straight off the Silvey Pro Sharp I got from Hunter. For the best deals on grinders, call Jarod, the "Dolmar Dealer".
John

I can buy a ProSharp from Bailey`s, delivered for the same that I would pay Hunter and I wouldn`t have half of AS wanting to beat me up for patronizing him. What should I do?

Russ

Sorry, I lied, I actually cut down another tree today.
Just remember, if your any ???? good at what your doing, your working for yourself, not some flunky who's making someone else rich. Been there done that.
John

Hi Tony, glad you like it.
Jokers, buy from Hunter, it's closer to home, plus I think Baileys charges extra for the stand. Even if I could save a few bucks elsewhere I don't care, I'm glad I bought from Jarod as you won't be just another #.
John

Hi John,

Bailey`s price includes the stand also, but in principle I agree with your logic of buying from a shop with more personalized service. Good service is worth more in the purchase price, let`s just leave it at that. I don`t want to say anymore and end up bad mouthing Jarod by default. Let`s just say that in my position I will end up on a few sh!t lists if I do business with him and from what he quoted me, I don`t think I`m exactly on his A list either. Time will tell.

Russ

Hi Russ, I understand, but don't worry about the guys who want to keep it all to themselves. We're dealing with all kinds of personalities as you know, and I'm about as loyal as a 2$ hooker.LOL
However, regardless of where you get your grinder, you can make $ grinding for others, if you want to encure the time that it takes to deal with the customer, but just think of all the saws that you can get your hands on as a result of dealing with others when you grind. Saws sell chain and chain sells saws.
Anyway, the grinding is real fun and everytime I turn around Dennis, Art, Kenn or Ed teaches me something new. Which makes me the Guru.
John

Jokers,
I dont have any problems with you at all. To be Honest,I dont even know you. The price I quoted you is a good one. You would be VERY shocked what my cost is on that item. I have a very small margin of profit and even less when I compete with the big name stores. I will do what ever I can to get you a good price, just like I will do for any one else.
As far as having pissed people off for dealing with me, Guess you should buy them a binky and a crying towel.
Dont believe everything you hear about me until you meet me face to face.
Hunter

Hunter,

Many illusions that people who frequent this site have spun have been shattered over the past few months. My point being that I can`t take the word of anyone in the binky crowd with any credibilty, and I know that. I`m still trying to figure out a few people before I burn all the bridges though. Hopefully sometime this summer, you and I will meet face to face. Didn`t intend to imply that you hold any grudge against me, merely stating that I`m fully aware that I`m not in your circle of influence and don`t get or expect to get you to sell at rock bottom prices.

Unfortunately I`m the king of the bottom line when it comes to purchasing, ask Tony Snyder or Fish.

Russ

Hunter anytime you have to quote your price twice, the second one should always be higher. Then watch em squeelllllllllllll.

Originally posted by ROLLIN
Hunter anytime you have to quote your price twice, the second one should always be higher. Then watch em squeelllllllllllll.

I agree, but that only works when you are the only game in town, eh?

Russ

Russ,
Hope we do get to meet. I would really like to run the EHP 046. I hear its strong.
Stay in touch and we can work things out.
Thanks
Hunter

Originally posted by jokers

Many illusions that people who frequent this site have spun have been shattered over the past few months. My point being that I can`t take the word of anyone in the binky crowd with any credibilty, and I know that.
Russ [/B]

My oh My what intrigue! How melodramatic!
Jokers, I dont know about goings on behind the scenes, but sounds like somone's pouting. You seem a bit inflamatory too, or do I misread something?

Frank

Hi Frank,

I don`t think I`m pouting, but then I may not be objective. Actually I`m feeling more than a little restrained in what I can say about some people that I percieve to be crying in their beer, so to speak and it`s pissing me off. I`m sure that I am stumbling over the language of what I really want to say, but the way I see it, there are blata$$ babies on both sides of the "behind the scenes" melodrama. I wish that we were in a bar so that we could air our grievances in a more manly way than just slinking off to another site or something while we pretend to be on vacation. To borrow Fish`s favorite phrase, I think they must be pussies! There, now I can be banned too!

For the record, I have never perceived Hunter to be crying in his beer. My developing rant is not about him but he is a factor for some.

This is a chainsaw forum, let`s all grow some cajones! It seems like estrogen poisoning on an endemic scale has occurred here. The poofter treeclimbers(tongue in cheek, guys) will be kicking our a$$es next and we`ll all be forced to become sensitive environmentalists who would only cut wood fiber for it`s own good, and God forbid that we freewheel and allow divergent opinions or alliances to be known.

I need a whiskey.

Am I inflammatory? You bet!

Russ

Originally posted by Hunter
Russ,
Hope we do get to meet. I would really like to run the EHP 046. I hear its strong.
Stay in touch and we can work things out.
Thanks
Hunter

Hunter,

I`ve encouraged Ed to allow people that he feels can be trusted to run my saw while it`s in his care, feel free next time you are up. His responsible nature is probably making him a little conservative in offering it to you guys, but I wanted him to be able to show what he can do with a current Stihl. It`s turning into a very impressive machine. I`ll also say this, I`ve never had the feeling that Ed has BS`ed me and he keeps in touch on a regular basis so I know that he didn`t just shove my saw off in the corner. He`s earned my respect even before I`ve run the saw.

Russ

Hi Russ, Ed likes to get the most out of a saw before he sends it out and wishes every saw cut at least 20 tanks before he signs it.
I don't bug him but he still has my 346 Alcohol and an 066, cause he needs the time to get the most out of them, so as you can see when you get the 460 it won't be lacking. Ed let me try your 460 and I would be proud to take off any hardwood bush with it, as it's a strong saw and probably the strongest 460 woodsaw out there. He secretly wishes it would outcut my 385KD, but that isn't going to happen, not in big wood anyway.
John

just wait gypo , i got a date with another wood pile , you could tell there was a difference in that saw with only ,i think i got 7 tanks now threw it now and we will see after this weekend as if it will run from the 385 in big wood , what driver of chain do you use so i can find a bar to use the same chain, 72 drivers would be nice, but one thing gypo you have to go back to your old oil ok that will put .4 in the bank for me right off the top,

Gypo,

I`ll tell you what, Ed must be working for about fifty cents an hour on my saw by now with all that he`s gone back for, he just doesn`t rest with that thing.

I know that I`ll be impressed with the saw, which is really something since I haven`t been too wild about the 046. I`ve already got a few guys lined up who want to give me their milk money when I get the saw in my hands. :D

Russ

Back