Happenings at Cary's place

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Cary,
Your lot sounds like fun, just to be clear 1.1MM BF is 1.1 million BF right? Like 20,000/acre :dizzy: I'd like to some pics of what your doing out there.

We've got about 35 acres of woodlot and about a 1/2 dozen white pines at 3' dbh but they get branchy very quick. Everything else is not quite as big :)

Ian

1M BF = 1,000,000 BF makes sense to me too...
What model of kubota do you run? I'd like to pick up a 40-50hp one sometime for general hobby farm stuff as well as logging.

The 20,000 thing is that you have 20,000 board feet per acre. Seems like a lot when I look at my woods.

Ian

Hi neighbor

Carry,
Looks like you have been keeping yourself occupied. I haven't been around the forum much, been tied up with other things. Did you get yourself a mill? Sorry if you explained in another thread.

Rob

What is the per board ft price range down there, say 2x12 full dimension or for 4x10 or 4x12 (in Doug fir)?
Just trying to get a comparison to our frozen north prices.

How long did it take your milling contractor to mill the 5000 bdf ?
I would think that you must be considering your own mill since you have your own wood and the means to move it.
I can't tell if the mill in the pic is the LT 40 hyd or the super hyd model but there is a big difference in the production per day.
We are still in the steep part of the learning curve with our mill so our best day so far has been 1600 bdf in 2x6 fir.

caryr...

Still got your number on the board next to my seat here.

Sooner or later...

I was up on hy. 26 a couple of days ago just to take a peak at the snow up there but it was a quick dart there and back.

My body is going to stay inside unless it's a need while this cold east wind is blasting through here. Sure is nice and sunny though with clear skies.

I got a nice photo of Mt. St. Helens for my online album (forest floor / Pacific NW) when I returned from estimating yesterday using Portland's Skyline Blvd.

Oh yeah...I know what you mean about Mt. Hood. I almost zipped up to Council Crest park on the hill to take a photo, but decided to finish my 2004 records, knowing I'll get another crack at it. But the air was very clear and the view was spectacular. I did get a fairly cool shot from a hill in Banks east of Forest Grove last week. I took my wife up on a hill there to see a neighborhood I want to include in our considerations for houses in 5 years or so. There is a neighborhood up there with big lots - partially forested - the streets have names like satellite and other astronomy type names. On the way back, Mt. Hood looked quite nice looking east over the fog layer covered suburbs and Portland.

Latest posts

Back