Harbor Freight Electric Chainsaw Sharpener...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been useing the dremel attachment for a few years now .Less than 20.00 dollars if you already have a dremel. An there is no need to take the chain off. Files make my hands hurt an it cost me more to buy files than dremel stones . I

and how do you control angle and depth; both constant?

I have had the HF sharpener for about 2 years now. It is by no means the best sharpener out there but it will get the angles and cutter length back into shape after 3-4 hand filings. Mine is getting kinda beat up and may konk out but for $30 bucks I can just get another one. For a home owner firewood hack like me, they will work fine and give decent results. Mine has paid for it's self many times over. I just can not justify the cost of a pro model nor do I really need it. Bottom line is they are not for everybody but will work for some.

Guy I cut wood with has one of those cheapie sharpeners. It seems to do a fine job on his chains and he's had it for 3 winters now. Will it last forever ? Probably not, but at 35 bucks you can't expect much. He stays on top of his sharpening chores so that he aint sittin' down once a month a sharpening a bunch of chains all at once getting it over heated.

Latest posts

Back