Harbor freight with LOG LIFT!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PaulinNY

PaulinNY

ArboristSite Member
I was very suprised to see this today. I believe its new and haven't read any other posts on em. I know its a harbor freight but ive gotten SOME great deals on SOME very useful stuff that has held up. Not all of it of course. Any informed comments on this machine? 4 way wedge! Log lift ! Subaru engine! $1200 bucks. There goes the timberwolf i was saving for. Im using the rest of the cash towards a tractor and a small welder for repairs. As soon as i convince the wife that cruise lines dont operate in the winter.

Last edited:
Swamp Yankee

Swamp Yankee

Addicted to ArboristSite
No comment, other than the Subaru commercial engine being a top notch performer.

My biggest concern would be, How is warranty work handled and in what time frame?

I will say however, based upon my experience, the most expensive tool is the one you buy twice. Add the cost of the cheap tool to the cost of a good tool you later find you need, and they're both overpriced.

By the way millerhill, welcome.

Take Care

Last edited:
PaulinNY

PaulinNY

ArboristSite Member
Hf

Good advice John. I found your posts. BTW how was the log lift and about how fast was the cycle time? I read that the rails popped off on your machine. I had similar problem with a Swisher i share. Swisher Inc sent me a new wider wedge that bolts on and rides the i beam. (i had to remove the rails)The HF model appears to have the bolted on wedge. Did yours have that. Thanks.

johncinco

johncinco

Addicted to ArboristSite
The lift worked great. There was really no piece of wood I had around that I could not pick up. I ended up with a bent, twisted rail that was the demise of it all. If they would have mounted everything to a better rail, it would have worked out just fine. I asked for $500 to have everything transfered over to a decent rail, but they would not do that so I got a full refund. I never timed the cycle, but it never seemed too slow. The wedge was welded right to the rail.

millerhill

millerhill

ArboristSite Lurker
Thanks Swamp Yankee for the welcome.

Seems like a good crew here.

I hope I can contribute useful information from time to time, and I'd especially like to help prospective and current Timberwolf users.

Steve

No comment, other than the Subaru commercial engine being a top notch performer.

My biggest concern would be, How is warranty work handled and in what time frame?

I will say however, based upon my experience, the most expensive tool is the one you buy twice. Add the cost of the cheap tool to the cost of a good tool you later find you need, and they're both overpriced.

By the way millerhill, welcome.

Take Care