Has anyone sold/purchased many chainsaws on Arborist Site?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Have you sold/purchased any Chainsaw on Arborist Site?

• sold/purchased 1 or more Chainsaws on AS

Votes: 62 57.4%
  • never bought/sold anything on AS

Votes: 29 26.9%
  • always buying chainsaws, but never on AS

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • would buy more chainsaws if the right deal showed up on AS

Votes: 11 10.2%

• Total voters

God of ArboristSite
Reaction score
Seems like there's very few chainsaw transactions on Arborist Site between members. The only time I've purchased a chainsaw on AS was due to a posting by someone asking value or whatever.

unlike most major forums, posts in Classifies doesn't show up in Today's Posts. So consequently is never seen except by folks that visit Classifies.

AS is the only major forum that I'm aware of that for sale post is invisible, except when someone visits classifies.

Because I can't stand Ebay... Heck I'd be willing to pay $25 per year if classifies would actually work between members. Hard to believe such a valuable service is not being provided to AS members... not to mention all $$$ that could be generated to help support cost of hosting Arborist Site.

has anyone sold/purchased many chainsaws on AS?
if not... why?

Last edited:
Well I purchased one here from a member. Has not worked out too good as I have yet to receive the saw, and it was paid for about the end of december...

On the other hand I did purchase some other items from members with 0 problems, guess it depends on who you deal with.

Well I purchased one here from a member. Has not worked out too good as I have yet to receive the saw, and it was paid for about the end of december...

I thought that you beat that subject to death yesterday, most of us have no desire to revisit the conversation. :deadhorse:

I've probably sold/traded 6 saws and bought a couple more on here. Got a few parts and sold some parts here. All the transactions have been good so far.

I've traded some saws back and forth, never anything listed in the classifieds, IRRC.

Bought and sold some parts, again not listed, just transactions that grew out of threads.

To be totally honest, I avoid doing business with people here unless I know them or someone I know vouches for them. Way to easy for some pansy to get their feelings hurt and then start a thread about it. Or someone who likes to argue with you will try to set you up so they can sling dirt. It makes me real wary, I don't like to have to drive across state lines to hand out whuppin's.

Mr. HE:cool:

I'll add that everyone I've dealt with here so far has been best of the best. I had a few transactions going on while I was moving my shop three states away. Needless to say, with all the packing up it was a confused mess on my end. I kept in touch using email and sent the parts about a week later. The two people who had sent me money were more than understanding and never complained at all. They are certainly on my "Will sell to again" list.

Mr. HE:cool:

Bought and sold saws, given and received free saws, shipped out and received free parts. It is amazing what you can get in exchange for the cost of postage.

Same here.

Many transactions on AS, you may not see. Sometimes a member may just share some pictures, and if the saw is desirable enough.. offers come in. Ive had folks ask me if I'll sell stuff that I dont have advertised, and I do the same.
For the handful of transactions Ive had on here, they have been great. And like others have said, Ive received free parts, and sent out free stuff too.

I've purchased saws here without problems, received them on time in the condition stated. Most of the guys I've dealt with are upstanding everyday people. The PM contacts after the initial thread have been enjoyable and refreshing because of the fine people here on the site.

I've yet to buy any saws, as the prices are usually way too rich my blood. I have been given a saw and some parts, and will give saws and parts to others when I'm lucky enough to stumble upon great deals and freebies.

I'm currently in the process of figuring out some bigger spikes for the 600/700/800 series McCullochs. I am thinking I will make a small run, and if the material happens to be free or extremely cheap, then I will give some away.

I've been here on AS for over 4 years and have sold a fair share and have bought numerous saws as well, including most of my "keepers". Most were as expected or better, some have been major duds though!

I have noticed a reoccurring trend over the last 7 or 8 months with selling though. I've had 5 people confirm to buy saws and ask for me to hold them (which I have done), only for them to back out after a week or more. It has really been a pain and a waste of my time.

I think the new feedback system will help out a bit. I just sold and shipped my first saw... Hoping the feedback will help me to sell some other saws in the future. Ebay is too pricey and when you take PayPal too, it can really take a notch out of your bottom line. More power to the classifieds.

TFB

I made a deal in the classifieds,It worked out good.
I have made deals with other members and they all worked out.
Some of the best deals were when we traded saws.
I have given parts and part saws for just the cost of shipping.

Latest posts

Back