Has anyone sold/purchased many chainsaws on Arborist Site?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Have you sold/purchased any Chainsaw on Arborist Site?

• sold/purchased 1 or more Chainsaws on AS

Votes: 62 57.4%
  • never bought/sold anything on AS

Votes: 29 26.9%
  • always buying chainsaws, but never on AS

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • would buy more chainsaws if the right deal showed up on AS

Votes: 11 10.2%

• Total voters
Bought a pair of saws in a box to make one. Worked out good. Still hard to know how it will work out when you send the payment. Would buy again. Great place!

I would buy a saw on here without much reservation. AS for the most part is a tight knit group even though most of us have never met each other face to face. The idiots seem to get weeded out pretty quickly, and the ones who really care about AS and what this group stands for are trustworthy to begin with and have been around here for a while. I know I don't want a bad name around here and neither do any members in good standing, so why sell junk or rip folks off?

No saws but parts, nothing bad to say about anybody or any transaction.
Seems a great group of honest ones here.:msp_smile:

That's what I love about ArboristSite, there are more honest people here than there are in the government. :)

I am happy to be of help to others, for example, I mentioned I had an old Ryobi string trimmer powerhead, and a guy in Mississippi PM'd me and we worked out a good deal and I sold it to him. He needed it for his uncle's string trimmer, as the old powerhead had worn out. (these are the good made in the usa Ryobi powerheads, btw) His uncle is older (more experienced :)) and can't stress himself too much. I told my mom it was totally worth holding onto that good string trimmer engine. The cable inside the shaft is what broke on our trimmer, so I pulled the motor off and saved it. It's great to be able to help others, even if it means sitting on an old engine for four years. :cheers:

Honesty is a very valuable virtue, as well as being charitable whenever you can. :)

I could tell more stories, but I figure now is a good time to stop, lol.

i guess ive sold a dozen or so and bought a couple. sold and traded lots of parts.ive done a whole lot of work for people and shipped saws back and forth.

There has been a lot of trading on my behalf, never really had a deal go bad. Generally get to talk to some of these folks on the phone and get to know them a bit. There's a heck of a lot of good guys on here, that's for sure.

I've been helped by people so much, I don't know if I could ever give it ever give it back.

Chris

I bought one saw from a member a couple of years ago and it was a great saw. The member mentioned that he had a jred 920 that he might sell. I sent a pm and we agreed on a price. The saw came quickly and it was better than I expected, great transaction. My poor memory has forgotten who sold it to me, I hope that he will remind me. I also have purchased some parts and even had a member send me a small part for free. Can't beat AS members. JR

I got an e-mail out of the blue from a member wondering if I wanted to do a trade. Worked out great for me! Transaction went smooth as can be until we talked on the phone. I couldn't understand a word he was saying.

Just kidding, Mike. :hmm3grin2orange::cheers::hmm3grin2orange:

All The Sales and Purchases from this site have gone well....:) Except for the hosing I got from ...... on that SP118 that he said was in excellent running condition but neglected to tell me he Polished the piston tollerances right away when he was Polishing out the scoring of the piston...... Should of knew something was amiss when I saw the POLISHED Muffler??? So Someday I will put a NOS Piston and Cylinder on that SP118 and have a nice saw but the wallet is still limping from the deal gone bad from down under.:msp_angry:

Scott

i think i have sold five saws through the classifieds.
i have traded closer to thirty (recieved and sent).
i have given away about 40 saws.
i have traded about a hundred or so major parts.
lots of members have helped me out with parts.:msp_thumbup:

no problems to report except that time i sent a saw out and the coil died in shipping. :( but even that got worked out well for us both in the end. :)

I've bought a saw in person, through a dealer who is a sponsor on here.

I've sold two saws "on here," in person, to people whom I met/got in touch with on the site.

I've done an even trade saw for saw with someone on here, him being several states away.

Everything has gone well. I am consistently pleased with the quality of people I meet on this site. It's really, at least by and large, a very good group of guys!

I picked up a long in the tooth Mac from the local pawn shop for a member here.

M.O. came in, and about the same time I was up my ears with no time to get to the Post office, and it took me a week to get it shipped. Buyer was more than patient with me.

Also worked a couple trades with members.

Also have had half a dozen of the members here pickin' in my Berry field.
Good bunch of joes with cute and polite kids, long suffering wives with good sense of humor, and smiles.

Good folks is the common theme here.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

I've bought and sold a few saws here. Every transaction has gone better than expected. Ebay's fee's are way too high. With craigslist you have to deal with the dingbats that want to trade a 20 year old fishtank for a $750 chainsaw.:msp_confused:

I've bought and sold a few saws here. Every transaction has gone better than expected. Ebay's fee's are way too high. With craigslist you have to deal with the dingbats that want to trade a 20 year old fishtank for a $750 chainsaw.:msp_confused:

That MS 440 you sold me is still my favorite saw.

i bought a ms361 from a member here. Overall it was a good experience. Saw came quick and in the advertised condition. i cleaned it up a little, replaced the side cover which i knew was broken from the pictures, put on a new bar and chain and its been a great saw.

Latest posts

Back