Has anyone tried that electric Oregon chain file?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cut4fun

Faster is Better
Reaction score
I just stink at the hand file. When I am tired from cutting and between fill ups, I dont take the time to do it right and wear out half way through the sharpening. Has anybody tried the 12 volt electric file with the dremel size rotory files? :confused:

Got one,myself.I only use it for a dinged up chain,rocks,you know.I did use it to regrind a chain for milling,but then came to the realization that saw milling is not my cup of tea,so to speak.

I've got the Granberg 12volt sharpener that clamps to the bar, it works great for me. Takes a little time to get all the adjustments figured out but once you do it goes pretty quick. What I also like is that it keeps all the teeth at the same angle, legnth etc.... I believe that Balieys online has them for pretty reasonable. Also if you decide to go that route get a couple of sticks of cool grind.

Chopper said:
I've got the Granberg 12volt sharpener that clamps to the bar, it works great for me. Takes a little time to get all the adjustments figured out but once you do it goes pretty quick. What I also like is that it keeps all the teeth at the same angle, legnth etc.... I believe that Balieys online has them for pretty reasonable. Also if you decide to go that route get a couple of sticks of cool grind.
Bailey's Granberg sharpener

Yep, I have one in the shed that I hav'nt used for ages. I think you have to be a bit light handed with them or you can overheat the cutter, and then it looses it's edge quick.
I like the file better myself and find the grinder to be a tad slow.

grinder

I have one of the granberg and the northern tool brand. The northern tool brand is cheaply made but it gets the job done. But theri granberg is excellent I love it it is much better then hand sharpening I can use a stone to sharpen 15 to 17 chains before it loses its effect and gives me a crappy sharpening.

I have one, but I have not used it in close to 2 years. I find that I can do a better job faster with a hand file so I don't waist my time with it.

Latest posts

Back