Has this ever happened to anyone?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NCTREE

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I was spiking a poplar today and this happened. Buckingham titaniums snapped in half.
y9ehu6a3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dang hope your leg didn't break with it
What happened your ankle strap break or come lose?

Wow, I'm glad I went with geckos, I thought about getting those. Get you some geckos. I've never seen anything like it man.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Never seen or even heard of that. Those look an awful lot like my buckinham steels. I can't imagine there is anything you can do to cause that to happen. I'd be at least sending a photo of that to buckingham. Might offer to replace it for you, regardless of how long you've had it. I'd be thinking manufacturing defect.

My ankle is ok, it hurt when it happened. I was on my way down chunking down the trunk. I noticed the other spike was flexing when I stepped in on it. Buckingham has a new pair on its way already.

JPS cracked one of his ali spurs.

They say these lighter metals are as strong or stronger than steal pound for pound. So since the Ti spikes are lighter than steal they are weaker?

JPS cracked one of his ali spurs.

They say these lighter metals are as strong or stronger than steal pound for pound. So since the Ti spikes are lighter than steal they are weaker?

stuff made of weaker material is generally made with more material to make up for the inherent weakness.
(usually they put enough material in there to make it lighter and stronger)

Heard of this happening to a friend of mine that is almost 60,
He's broken a couple over his long climbing career,both times it was the left one

Bashlins. This happened about 2 months ago. I climbed on them for a long time and expected them to last the rest of my career. Guess not. Think they would replace them? I assumed not because I have had them so long. No harm done when it happened but there coulda been. I was climbing down but was tied in but not in a way that I was totally hanging from line. Tree had an odd angle back under me, like when u look down n can't see the trunk but u know it's there. It's a trickyer move and musta put an odd strain on the spur. Not that it is ok.
usu4adyp.jpg

Latest posts

Back