Has this guy ever been in a biology class?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Itasca is a gem. My folks spent their honeymoon up there.

Have you ever been to the Lost 40? The Lost 40 is on the east side of Lake Winnibigoshish and was never logged and probably hasn't burned in over 150 years. I've read 300 but I'm skeptical of that. These are the areas that we need to preserve. The trees in these areas are the anchors that hold the ecosystems together. Preserving the trees preserves the rest of the diverse life.

Tom

I guess when you don't have any answers you can just answer the question with a barrage of questions. Seems like he is either ignorant of facts or fully aware of the untenable arguments that the "preservationists" like to hold onto. He wants to feel you out first before he picks which response he'll give from the "book of dodging the issue". pretty sad commentary on a so-called environmental group.

BTW he has no qualifications, I'm sure. Probably an english or philosophy major (all noble in themselves, but what do they have to do with trees) who would rather foment turmoil in order to feel useful. A lot of the extreme greenies are just lost souls desparately trying to feel useful.

Dan,

Mike said what I would say too.

Sounds like blathering.

This is another limitation of e-communication. We loose the immediacy of face to face talking. The loss of time getting to the original point is frustrating.

We both know that there is a good way to manage the National Forests for timber growth and still have good fire control. Those two concepts aren't exclusive.

Good luck getting an answer from Marty. Did you think about drawing him into this discussion? We might all learn a little more by having him participate. I do believe that the folks here at AS would behave themselves and not light up the flamethrowers if Marty joined the discussion.

Tom

I hope when this summer comes and they are sitting in the burnt black, charred dirt without a tree for miles, they enjoy their "Wilderness". Wilderness??? Is the the freaking Swiss Family Robinson or something? Do they think the rest of Ishi's family is still out there?? The world is settled, wilderness is gone. We have to manage what we've got. A healthy forest is no accident.

A friend of mine in procurement ran into the Tx Sierra Club president. when they were cutting on the Crockett Natl Forest. The guy was trying to use his Eddie Bauer edition SUV to block the road. He blocked the SUV with a skidder and had a "talk". Long story short, my friend has a restraining order against him now and cannot go near any Sierra Club event.

These people come from a different planet.

Waste of breath and frustration. Talk to and educate those who can still think for themselves.

Originally posted by Tom Dunlap
Good list, as far as it goes, John.

Now here's a bucket of gasoline to throw on the fire...

What about adding European emmigration that started in the 1500's? We've seem to "naturalized" too.

Tom

Hey, it's OUR country now. We stole it fair and square. :D

Looks like Bush sure can pick 'em. :angry:

Erik
[email protected]

Latest posts

Back