• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Have any of you purchased from here?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is an Indonesian money scam. The site looks pretty legitimate doesn't it? Take a look at the photos and the descriptions. A lot of times the description won't exactly match the photo. Take a close look at the photos, especially the backgrounds. Note that there is no consistency. If this was a legitimate business one would think that the photo studio would be similar across items. This site steals photos from across the web (probably a lot of Ebay photos) and then posts them on their site. They don't actually have ANY of the items on their site. It is a pure SCAM.

I have also run into a similar issue directly on Ebay with a used saw where the seller didn't actually have the saw but stole a photo from somewhere else. In my case I searched Google images and found the actual picture that was used. The real owner lived in New Hampshire while the seller was outside of Atlanta!

Ways to spot this include a zero or low transaction number. Ask a seller a specific question about the item... One that they will need to have possession of the item to answer. Alternately ask the seller to send you an actual photo of the serial number or some other detail of the saw that should match the previously posted photos. Silence here is very telling.

The old newspaper trick still works too. Have them take a picture of the item with a copy of the front page of today's newspaper. They can also go buy a pack of gum or some gas and get a receipt from a recognisable retail store with today's date to photograph next to the item in question for additional verification that they actually possess the item. One time, I almost sent $600 for a NIB MS880 until several people on this site clued me in. My desire to get something I wanted at such a discount momentarily clouded my judgement- which is exactly what they are hoping for. Like the old adage says; "If it's seems too good to be true...it probably is".

Back