Have jeep+splitter+conveyor= drivable splitter with conveyor

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johndirt82

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Well I just got back from a short deployment and my old roommate left me a 77 cj7 its runs and drives fine but the tub needs to be replaced. I have a cool splitter I built and a treadmill powered conveyor. All three are taking up alot of space. Solution. combine all three!!! a drivable splitter with conveyor system! something like a powersplit setup . Hmmmm the gears are turning.

Well I just got back from a short deployment and my old roommate left me a 77 cj7 its runs and drives fine but the tub needs to be replaced. I have a cool splitter I built and a treadmill powered conveyor. All three are taking up alot of space. Solution. combine all three!!! a drivable splitter with conveyor system! something like a powersplit setup . Hmmmm the gears are turning.

Pics will be in order! :rock:

Oh no its staying drivable with the straight 6 and t-18 in it. It runs fine. Im just gonna mount the 22hp kohler from my splitter on the jeep that way it can just back up to the wood pile then back up the haul truck to the jeep and get to splitting. or drive around wherever in the woods. Hell its has plates on it may take it to the bar one night haha. Not gonna totally destroy a perfectly fixable CJ7. yet.

Oh no its staying drivable with the straight 6 and t-18 in it. It runs fine. Im just gonna mount the 22hp kohler from my splitter on the jeep that way it can just back up to the wood pile then back up the haul truck to the jeep and get to splitting. or drive around wherever in the woods. Hell its has plates on it may take it to the bar one night haha. Not gonna totally destroy a perfectly fixable CJ7. yet.

:rock::rock::rock:

I can see myself on cops one day chuckin pbr cans out the back of my logsplitter going 15mph down the road. hahahaahaha.
Just taking measurements and seeing what in all I really need to make this happen. I already have almost everything Ill need minus some steel for mounts and stuff. hmm illl keep this updated.

I can see myself on cops one day chuckin pbr cans out the back of my logsplitter going 15mph down the road. hahahaahaha.
Just taking measurements and seeing what in all I really need to make this happen. I already have almost everything Ill need minus some steel for mounts and stuff. hmm illl keep this updated.

That needs to be video'd! :laugh:

Pics or it doesn't happen :p

baileys%20008.jpg

tree%20winch%20015.jpg

The Log Rover Project

Can't take credit for that, I just remembered where the photos where :D

I would SOOOOOOOOOOOO love that for a woods truck though! That capstan winch would be the cat's meow.

And I dunno what's up with the Europeans and their midget sized stoves.

For some reason the vehicles in the movie Road Warrior are coming to mind.:D

Hmmm ok. Lets try it now.
View attachment 223441

Are you going to stretch the frame? the splitter is kinda longish.

Why do all that work when you can make you an (OFF)ROAD TRAIN. Just hook em all up together PLUS a cargo trailer for the splits. It might even be semi legal! Check your state regs.

Road train - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

*most likely you will have to seriously beef up said CJ to haul all this stuff....of course this means you will have an excuse to do what you really want to do..ROCKWELLS!

Are you going to stretch the frame? the splitter is kinda longish.

Why do all that work when you can make you an (OFF)ROAD TRAIN. Just hook em all up together PLUS a cargo trailer for the splits. It might even be semi legal! Check your state regs.

Road train - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

*most likely you will have to seriously beef up said CJ to haul all this stuff....of course this means you will have an excuse to do what you really want to do..ROCKWELLS!

Or get an old '77 GMC or similar, with the granny 4-spd/PTO configuration and do a hard-mounted kinetic splitter. If you really wanted to do it right, you get one w/a bale bed and hook chains/log tongs to each arm. Then you could lift the Big rounds up w/o dropping a disc or a testicle... Thrown in a 4bt Cummins for economy (similar power to a small-block) + common GM pattern and you'd be in business. Dang, now I"M thinking about this... A VW diesel equipped Toyota might be just as useful.... Hmmmmm.

No need to stretch the frame. It is getting a spring over axle job done today though so the conveyor tip wont hit the rear axle. you will see it when its done , im just trying to conserve some space instead of having 3 big pieces of gear lying around id rather have just one thats serves all my needs. Im just going to mount the current engine and pump setup on the jeep chassi. Its a 22hp kohler with 28gpm pump. good enough. Im keeping the variable speed drive for now off the treadmill conveyor as I like the ability to have a variable speed conveyor , makes filling the truck easier.
Just clearing the back of the jeep frame today then take some measurements and go from there.

Back