Have You Ever Stolen Timber or Were Accused of It?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree about the realestate folks being hard to deal with. Around here, they like to sell view lots. A house site on top of a rock bluff you couldnt tie a billy goat on. Of course the buyers all want to be able to see in every direction so the realitor will tell them how if they will just cut this tree or that one then they can see for miles. Problem is, usually those trees are on someone elses property. They had been developing a tract of land that borders my place a few years ago. Just being nosey, I wanted to see what they where doing so I drove around the back side of the mountain to take a look see. When I got up on top, there was this gent standing on one of the lots just looking around. I got out to talk and he said he was considering buying that lot to build a house. Then he said it looked like if he just cut a few of those tall trees down the side f the mountain he would have a nice view. I asked him what view was he looking for. Well, of coure he wanted to be able to see the woods all around him. I asked hi what he thought made up the woods all around him and he gave me a blank stare. I said the trees are what makes up the woods and the view he was wanting to see was destroying the view for someone else. I then added that those trees he was wanting to cut belonged to me and I would charge him $600 per tree for every tree, sapling or bush he cut. I got a call later form the realestate agent wanting to know what I was doing running his customer off, which I didnt do. I reminded him of the time he cut a bunch of my trees on the other end of his development just so he could increase the views and what it cost him per tree when the courts got done with him and that was the end of it. I never heard from him again. Same agent also had piled a big bunch of stumps on my property, in the same general area. Just pushed them off the side and let them roll on down the mountain. He got the pleasure of paying to clean that mess up too.

Latest posts

Back