Have you ever walked off a job?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have walked from my share, and not due to the job at hand but because of verbal abuse for no good reason at all from the boss. Some people just can not seem to function unles they are screaming or mouthing belittling comments at someone. Life is just to short, there are plenty of other jobs out there that pay the same, and I do not need money so badly that I tolerate nonsence and obseneities. So it is goodbye.

I would have zero qualms about not doing a job that i didn't feel right about or felt should never have been sold in the first place.
In your situation i would ask first and foremost, is there any way i could be held legally liable for being a part of this destructive and apparently illegal operation?
Then I would address the ethical and moral aspects.
My personal thinking on friendship and professionalism is that the two are best kept separate, sure it's great to be friends and have a professinal relationship but you can't allow friendship to cloud your professinal judgement or you stand at risk of losing your integrity.
I don't know you or your friend, so i am speculating from my own experience, but it sounds like you have already decided it is not a job you want to be a part of, you have problems with safety legal and ethical issues, but you feel guilty or manipulated by the relationship you havei.e. i don't want to let my friend down, he needs my help, he's going to set me up with accounts and equipment, and youre making excuses for yourself i.e. I need the money. whether you stay on the job or walk is up to you, either one will provide ample opportunity for self development
personally i would walk. if he's really my friend he'll get over it, and if doing a hack job is the only way to get accounts or equipment, then maybe it's not the right time.

Latest posts

Back