Have you seen the wimpy sawmill?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looking at the mill and time spent designing and building all the parts from wood is very cool...tho it's not a big brand name mill you have to commend him on the effort and after all it did work and he made lumber..isn't that how all great inventions started haha

i like this guy.he's milling wood with a mill made of wood. hes not afraid of hard work(all though i think most on here could show him alot better ways to do what hes doing,lol)

Now that's what I call a home aid band mill. I love the rollerblade wheels as rollers, his dogging system needs a little work and I wouldn't leave it out in the sun to much. But over all it's pretty sweet for something a guy could crack out for about less than 100 bucks if you scrounged around.

I love it! He'll get a good feel for how sawmills work, and from his reports, he is very detailed & analytical... and he is much better about admitting his mistakes than I am! I predict that in a few years, he'll be posting on this forum and we'll be learning from him. He clearly has sawdust in his veins, so its only a matter of time.

I've been following this kid for some time on youtube. Sharp mind for sure. If you start watching his youtube channel you'll get stuck there for hours. He's done video on lazer CNC cutters, tilting router tables and making curved trim profiles, cutting gears, and the list goes on.

I've copied some of his ideas and made them out of steel, mostly because I like working with metal a little more than wood sometimes.

This little sawmill he's made is great for the project miller, somebody who wants to turn chunks of wood into something they can use in the woodshop.

Mr. HE:cool:

What that kid needs is an interview with an engineering school. The world could use a few more minds like that. Doesn't come across as a smartass, either. Just happy to be smart & having fun sharing. I'm lucky to get my kid off the video game long enough to try something like that.

We all keep calling him a kid, myself included, but I was thinking about it and if my memory serves I believe he is already an engineer and in his late thirties or maybe forties.

He does look young and I know for my part that I meant no disrespect by it. Like I mentioned I've been following his projects for years, even built a few or been inspired to build something like it.

Just thought I'd mention this, wouldn't want him to be insulted if he found this thread.:)

Mr. HE:cool:

Latest posts

Back