Have you seen what the postal service did to prices yesterday? Oh my!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fearofpavement

Trying them all
Reaction score
For anyone buying and selling saws and parts, better check your shipping prices before biting the bullet. Some increases are crazy large and they did away with the online postage purchase discount, etc. Pretty much across the board increases... May need to modify my eBay listings before someone buys something. eeek!

just like ups. fuel goes up,,up go prices,,,fuel goes down,,price stays the same. fuel goes up again,,up go prices again....jackasses....

Same goes for groceries...

the online discount always made me feel good about doing "the work" myself.... dang gub'ment

I don't know all the details, but I did not think the USPS was a gub'ment agency.

just like ups. fuel goes up,,up go prices,,,fuel goes down,,price stays the same. fuel goes up again,,up go prices again....jackasses....

BUT, A BIG BUTT, my SS didn't go up cause POTUS said COL was level....

USPS is not "direct gvmnt" but very much related to feds. Congress has sway with them. The jobs are political in nature to get. The list goes on & on that way.

The biggest ouch is they are no longer discounting postage paid online. This was sometimes a 20% or more savings. So they did away with that PLUS raised prices so it went up from both ends.

Same goes for groceries...

I don't know all the details, but I did not think the USPS was a gub'ment agency.
It is my understanding the United States postal service is different from the rest of government in that the true cost of employees after they retire is used as operating expense which in turn gets the rates modified. The rest (probably exceptions) of government benefits after retirement are more on future taxes, borrowing, stuff like that.

You can partially blame it on ObamaCare. Health insurance rates are going through the roof for those that can even afford the mandated insurance. I'm in that doughnut hole; don't make enough to even pay for the necessities like food along housing expenses but make too much for any help otherwise. especially being a single male.

You can partially blame it on ObamaCare. Health insurance rates are going through the roof for those that can even afford the mandated insurance. I'm in that doughnut hole; don't make enough to even pay for the necessities like food along housing expenses but make too much for any help otherwise. especially being a single male.
I tried to be factual and not political. I suspect the health plans postal employees had before "Obamacare" complied with the minimum requirements or the cost increase to bump them up would not be a lot. There are more ways to look at it. I am with you but it is somewhere around $46 thousand a year for a single person not to get some "help". I guess that changes if you are old enough.

Back