havenodog

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

havenodog

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hey I'm new to this website but have been interested in saws for some time. Being a part time wood cutter I cut enough wood for myself and maybe a friend or two. My question is about Walkerizing a saw more than it already is. Last year I bought a muffler for my husky 345 and have had great results with it. I would like to have a little more power but am in a dilemma about laying the money out for a new saw or having the 345 balanced and ported by Walker. Is it worth getting the saw done or to go ahead and spent the $400 plus bucks for the 346 xp. I love the saw and it has never given me any problems. I'd appreciate any advice you all might have. Thanks

Welcome to the site, I have run a few Walkerized Husky saws, they all started life as XP saws, get the 346XP and have it Walkerized. Hope this helps, either way you are onto something good.

Is it true that the xps run a pretty narrow powerband? I'd like a saw with a little umph in the lower rpm range because when I clean up a tree there is a lot of smaller stuff to cut up. Does a full Walkerizing narrow the powerband even more than it already is? Thanks for the op.

The 346XP and 353 are the same saw except for the piston and cylinder. The 353 is supposed to have a little wider powerband, although I rarely cut with less than full throttle anyway.

But yeah, get a second saw. They are too much fun to only have one.
:greenchainsaw:

husky345

Thanks for the opinions guys. I guess the best way to get more power in a saw is to buy a bigger saw. I'd love to have two saws but don't need more than one. This may take some time to consider. Thanks

Latest posts

Back