hdpe gas tank

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lawmart

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
hey, guys my riding lawnmower gas tank has a fuel tank leak at the down spout/spigot can this be glued or what all i can see on the tank is "hdpe" is there a type of glue /epoxy that ca remedy my situation.

thanks
lawmart

Leak

lawmart said:
hey, guys my riding lawnmower gas tank has a fuel tank leak at the down spout/spigot can this be glued or what all i can see on the tank is "hdpe" is there a type of glue /epoxy that ca remedy my situation.

thanks
lawmart
Lawmart , my plastic tank on my garden tractor had a gromet with a metal elbow . If your tank has a plastic elbow or outlet then SEAL-ALL might fix it .

lawmart said:

thanks
lawmart

HDPE (High Density Poly Ethylene)is difficult to glue with anything. Plastic welds easy though...

Fixed a crack in the MS200 fuel tank with a soldering iron to carefully melt the plastic together that was cracked. I just feathered the element along the cracked portion of the tank. Then lightly sanded the area and used JB weld to cover it up. It has been about a year and it is holding fine with no leaks.

Hi Lawmart, Go to your local motorcycle shop and check out "Tank Cream" read and follow the instructions.This will seal anything,however, someone pulling/jerking on the fuel line down the road could open it up again.

yea putting the gas line back on the spigot might reopen it again,hence why it broke the first time i bet have to fire that guy,or quite but my wife always rehires me the next day

lawmart

Back