Heads up Indiana

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this is just another big oil and utility company's way to reclaim the money they are loosing by these heaters...the politicians dont get kick backs from you for every cord of wood you use....just another squeaky wheel wanting someones palm greased....owb's are a hot market, but utility companies loose big for there use...how much electric do you save? how much gas does it save? fuel oil furnaces getting replaced left and right with owb's..... politicians want money end of story...
yes i think you are right

February 11, 2011 is the date for IDEM to decide on OWB rules. THIS EFFECTS EVERYONE WHO BURNS WOOD, NOT JUST OWB OWNERS!!!!! OWBs are just the easy targets for the groups that are pressuring IDEM and similar agencies to change the laws. Indoor woodstoves are next on their agenda. Do a google search on some of the organizations such as IKE, and you will see what I mean.

This will get interesting, I've seen a few NEW central boilers installed around here that will not comply with the new rules-----could get ugly. I think the commission is probably a bunch of city slickers----green phonies. Implementing the rules could be a nightmare.

According to what I see there is absolutely NO grandfathering of existing units.

correct me if i am wrong but basically, by not grandfathering in units being installed
now as phase 1 units... these units could actually bankrupt installers, if the public decides to file suet later because of regs requiring all phase 2 systems in operation.
the dealers with multiple units phase 1 in inventory,by having to notify public of changes pending,wont be able to get rid of inventory on hand... at least thats the way i see it.. i agree this could get real ugly.

Anybody think if this bull crap continues, that we're gonna have a mass revolt against the government on our hands? Look at Egypt. That can very well happen to us.

Anybody think if this bull crap continues, that we're gonna have a mass revolt against the government on our hands? Look at Egypt. That can very well happen to us.

I think alot of people are sick of being told what to do, for sure. I think we still have a ways to go until we have Egypt-like revolts though - my 2 cents.

On the OWBV issue - contact your representative - email, call - do whatever you can to tell them you object to this bill.

Last but not least - TRACK HOW YOUR REP VOTES! Remember how they voted when re-election comes around.

Here are the public's comments and IDEM's responses

IDEM: Feb 2011 APCB

I haven't seen alot of opposition to it yet in IDEM's documents, but haven't finished reading them all either.

Looks like the next public hearing is:
February 2 APCB meeting will be held at the Tippecanoe County Public Library, 627 South Street, Lafayette, Indiana.

Here is the latest draft;
http://www.in.gov/idem/files/apcb_2011_feb_05-332_prapa.pdf

Last edited:

No way... most people are too apathetic to get off their butts and actually revolt. A lot of them can sit around all day talking about it on their computers, but when it comes time to walk out the door and head to the protest their enthusiasm is all over.

Actually more people care more about who wins the Superbowl than slowly and surely losing their freedoms.

Latest posts

Back