Heated Handgrips

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sty57

Sty57

Tree Freak
I always thought that was just dumb to have them.
But after Dad got a 550xpg last fall and I got a 346xpg this fall. Now I wish all my saws had them.
I was out in the woods for 8hrs. today and when I left the house it was 10° by the afternoon it got up to the Lo 20's so it wasn't that cold but I love them now.

c5rulz

c5rulz

Addicted to ArboristSite
Once you have a saw with heated handles, you won't buy another with out them.

My Husky dealer told me yesterday that of the XP's he sells, 80% are now with heat.

I wear extremely light uninsulated gloves in the Winter when running a saw. The handles will get so hot you need gloves on as you couldn't hang on for long with out them. It feels great on your hands.

Sty57

Sty57

Tree Freak
I couldn't agree with you more.

I am not trying to make a living either, but the last few years we have gotten so much snow that by mid January I couldn't get in the woods. So I got to go when I can.

SawTroll

SawTroll

Information Collector
Agreed - for the relatively small incremental cost increase, I think they're totally worth it. Even when it isn't freezing cold, it makes things more pleasant - 40* and soaking wet in the rain, for example. Makes working with wet gloves more tolerable, too.

Exactly! :D

They are more or less mandatory here, and always what I get when the option exists.

Four Paws

Four Paws

Addicted to ArboristSite
Niko, what is the power output on the generators? Are they the same on all saws, or do the bigger displacement models have a larger generator?

Latest posts