Heatmor OWNERS! Heatmor 400 dcss help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Husqvarnaman92

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I recently installed my new to me heatmor 400 dcss. Its running to a brazed plate exchanger inmy basment to heat the water in my in house boiler baseboard system. My question is where do i fill the heatmor with water? The Heatmor manual is kind of vague. It says to hook a water source to the return side going to the Heatmor. Im guessing i should have put a inline valve in to fill at somewhere in the basement on the return side? There is a valve where i could hook a hose to on the supply line at the Heatmor but i think that is for bleeding the system. Any help would be appreciated Pictures would be really great!

I don't know anything about Heatmors, but generally speaking you should be able to fill it from wherever you can hook a hose to it. As long as there is a high spot where air can get out.

I run a hose from the water heater to a drain on mine in the basement. Anywhere you can hook to will work. Could fill with a hose from the weighted ball valve on top of the unit also. I use soft water.

You are correct. Best way, my way is a spigot like on the side of you house inline on the return. I use a washer hose (cause has 2 female ends.) Or in a pinch as stated above fill from the overflow valve on top. No fun I would guess.

Latest posts

Back