Hello from Canada

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodyphyseter

Reaction score
Hello, I'm not much of an internet guy and for now won't post my company name and stuff because my website is quite pitiful. But if this forums gives me back wha i'm looking for as comunity support i might open up.
You can call me Woody, I've been working in arboriculture for about 6-7 years, at first as a groundie. I finished a trade school arboriculture class in 2018 and got a company to myself from a friend/collegue who gave up the trade.
Mainly I kill trees, half the time they're already dead when I get there. Sometimes, when I'm lucky, I get jobs where i don't kill the tree and get to climb to the top and come back down to get a select few branches out of there and minimizing the damage done to the tree. that's fun and doesn't give me nightmares like most of my work does. haha just kidding ... *wink*... This past year (nothing like in the US), we've had our first ''tornados'' here in our part of the world. So... good news is suddenly people are opened to the idea of cobra cabling special case trees, which I've been trying to sell for years with no luck; but now finally I got to do a good few cabling jobs because people are terrified of what happened to their neighbors.
So since community base learning is strong in the US in this field, I'm probably gonna have alot of very specific cabling situations to talk about on this forum.

I don't have a garage or a house, but i have a woodlot in which I do not cut trees. (priorities right?) A 'Woodland mills HM126 14hp 17ft Sawmill' to mill the wood I take home from work so hopefully one day I can build a house and workshop. I'm a timberframing/dry-stone geek, and this is unfortunately not a trade that is as popular in my part of Canada than the rest of North America, because of the language barrier probably; also the regulations.
I don't think i need to start citing all my equipment, but I climb in 'dynamic' (double rope technique) because to me it's not worth the investment and effort to SRT, since I wear spurs 90% of the time (on my way up to kill the tree).
I've rescued 3 cats. dropped only one. didn't die, it's fine. it climbed back up the same week. came back down though that time.

My next investment will be on a dumper mechanism, as I empty the chip by hand. You can read up on what I've had to say about that in my first post ever on this website.
I guess that's it.
Thanks for reading.

Woody.
20220826_130113.jpg

img_20210907_180329.jpg
20220826_130113.jpg

Latest posts

Back