Hello from Wisconsin, and my amazing Poulan

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JP7

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I am here to Not talk about my Husqvarna XP266, but to talk about my incredible Craftsmen/Poulan 4216. I was told I should tell the story about this fantastic little saw. I bought it new 18 years ago, and it has done 75% of the work on my farm. After a ridiculous amount of hours, I bought it a new bar and air cleaner, and it is still running the original Champion Sparkplug... What is the secret to keeping a 125 hour Poulan alive? It religiously runs Husqvarna LS mixing oil, and I always let this saw cool down after felling and limbing. I fill it up, throw a file over the chain, then block it to prevent the saw from overheating. I dread to think about the actual hours on this saw, but I can tell you the little amount I have peaked around, there is no carbon buildup, and only a light brown soot. I also run this old saw at 50:1 and not the 40:1 that is listed on this saw. I really don't know how often I will be posting on here, but I figured the least I can do is let other Poulan owners know what worked for me with this nearly 20 year old saw.

Latest posts

Back