Hello O31av Owner Here;]need Wirind Diagram:}

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMOKDV

Reaction score
HELLO I HAVE ASTIHL O31AV .I HAVE REBUILT THE CARB ALL FUEL LINES,IMPULSE LINE;FUEL FILTER ECT... THE SAW BOGGS DOWN THEN REVS REAL HIGH THEN BOGGS AND DIES ..I THOUGHT IT WAS A FUEL PROBLEM AND IT WAS PARTIALY BECAUSE THE SAW IS A BIT STEADYER RUNNING BUT STILL BOGGS AND DIES..MY DAD FEELS IT IS SOMTHING ELELCTRIC. I CHECKED THE SWITCH IT IS FINE..DOES THIS SAW HAVE POINTS+A MAGNETO?i WAS READING ABOPUT THOSE ELECTRIC MODULES DO THESE BYPASS THE POINTS AND THINGS OR??THE SAW IS IN GREAT CONDITION ONLY CUT5 TREES BEFORE I GOT IT SO IT IS LIKE NEW..??WITH THE NEW LINES AND CARBREBUILD THE FUEL IS FDLOWWING BETTER BUT IT STILL DIES ,IT SOUNDS LIKE IT IS FIRING ERRATICALY,FLOODING AND STALLING OUT ..IF ANYONE HAS A WIRING DIAGRAM THEY COULD EMAIL OR FAX OR ANY THOUGHTS ON HOW TO FIX THIS PROBLEM IT WOUD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED..:}:} THANX ALL NEIL

It really sounds like fuel..Are you sure you rebuilt the carb correctly? Gasked in the wrong order or the metering spring bend under the arm (instread on locates in the nipple).

There is no electrical diagram... It's just a simple magneto points based system. The switch just shorts the points to ground.

If it has "erratic firing", your points may need to be regaped or the condensor is bad.

Latest posts

Back