Help a noob identify these Tillotson carbs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Shooters Apprentice

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I'm working on a Jonsered project saw. I've got these two carbs and I'm wondering if anyone can help Identify them. The one (right) is off of my 625 project saw, and the other I believe is off of a 670. They took identical except for the one on the left has that second nipple on it, and I don't know what that does.

Hoping to Identify them so that I can order parts to rebuild them before I put one of them on the saw.

059F02AA-007F-4050-8299-A9AB21812D25.jpeg

I'm working on a Jonsered project saw. I've got these two carbs and I'm wondering if anyone can help Identify them. The one (right) is off of my 625 project saw, and the other I believe is off of a 670. They took identical except for the one on the left has that second nipple on it, and I don't know what that does.

Hoping to Identify them so that I can order parts to rebuild them before I put one of them on the saw.

View attachment 1031833
Yep as already said they take the same kit to rebuild. The one with two nipples is from either a 670 Champ or 670 Super II. The forward one is fuel in and the smaller aft one is fuel returning to the tank. The 630 Super II also had the same style recirculating type carb........not sure if the late 625 II had that or not.....probably did.

Yep as already said they take the same kit to rebuild. The one with two nipples is from either a 670 Champ or 670 Super II. The forward one is fuel in and the smaller aft one is fuel returning to the tank. The 630 Super II also had the same style recirculating type carb........not sure if the late 625 II had that or not.....probably did.
Probably a champ, I have a champ recoil in that parts lot this Carb came from.

Can I just block off that recirculating port?
Good question.......I would guess no, as the system is designed to not hold full fuel pressure. You'll notice the hole on the return side is very tiny. On saws without the return line type tank I've just bored a hole to accept as a tight fit the standard fuel line in the top of the tank and a larger hole through the bottom of the case half to allow for the movement of the AV system.

Latest posts

Back