Help identifying Stihl bruschutter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmfarrell

Reaction score
Hi all

I have two Stihl brushcutters and need help identifying what model one of them is.

The first is an FS130 serial no. 269832694 purchased new in France in 2007.

The second was purchased second-hand in the UK in 2017. It says FS130 on the starter recoil cover, and has a badly worn and partially obscured serial number that looks like it might be XX9820343 (the X's being illegible, and the next two digits being only very faintly visible - see photo).

The first machine has a carburettor with part number C1Q-S98 (13.5mm venturi) which is correct according to the FS130 parts list I have, whereas the second has one with part number C1Q-S110 (10mm venturi) which I believe is for the smaller-engined models e.g. FS110.

So it looks like the second machine has either had the wrong carburettor fitted, or it isn't actually an FS130 and has had the wrong starter cover fitted.

Can anyone help me identify which model the second machine is, either from the partial serial number or by looking for some other distinguishing feature (the machines look superficially identical)?

Many thanks for any help or suggestions.

John

Attachments

• IMG_20230208_165341.jpg
    IMG_20230208_165341.jpg
    298.1 KB · Views: 0
Have you sent the serial numbers off to Stihl customer service? They have been good with me about responding with date of build and model.

Their data seems to go back only so far, however.

Latest posts

Back