Help before I smash this thing

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got one of those little bastards here that will not cooperate....... :msp_unsure:

You can add me to that club also. Went through it rebuilt the carb and it ran great for about 30 min, then stalled out and would not restart and idle. Let it cool down and it will run anywhere from 5 min to 20 before it acts up. I truly believe Thermite is the answer. I am sure it could be fixed but is it worth it? I know my time is worth more than that saw! CJ

You can add me to that club also. Went through it rebuilt the carb and it ran great for about 30 min, then stalled out and would not restart and idle. Let it cool down and it will run anywhere from 5 min to 20 before it acts up. I truly believe Thermite is the answer. I am sure it could be fixed but is it worth it? I know my time is worth more than that saw! CJ

When it diesa check for spark. Their famous for bad ignitions.

Smash it! It's the final solution to any more problems it might present.:clap:

attachment.php

Wrong Mix or Old Fuel?

Is the clutch to blame? If it is not disengaging at idle speeds, then it will drag the saw off. I didn't see you mention anything about chain movement, but that was my first idea if you are on top of the carb.

Wrong Mix or Old Fuel?

Mac PM 310.

Rewind pulley made of soft plastic and would spread when you pulled on the rope. Jam up against the flywheel. Rope was hangin' out when I got him. Un-jammed it five times!!

Pulled carb. and cleaned it (R &R was a PITA). New fuel feed line (another PITA).

Slow speed idle screw had the throttle jammed shut. No amount of tweeking would get it to 'pick up' the throttle shaft ear. It would always fall shut and jam if you backed it out. Tinkered with that a long time.

Trigger/throttle wire would only move carb. to half throttle. How are you going to cut at half throttle?

Zama carb. Not one of my favorites.

The last time the pulley jammed I reached my breaking point.

Rope made a good sling to get max impact speed with driveway.

Last edited:
When it diesa check for spark. Their famous for bad ignitions.

Yes, more times than I want to count. Good spark, just will not idle or come up to R's with out a little choke. Then the next 12 times the choke won't help. Then it will run fine for 10 min. If the saw was not such a PITA to work on it would be fixed [maybe] but it just is not worth my time even to put a different/new carb on it. If it was mine I would not even waste my time on it but it is a good friends. It would make a heck of a target for my 375 H&H. CJ

I can't resist.

As an old civil engineering professor told us; cement is what you mix with water, sand, and aggregate to make CONCRETE.

One doesn't "pour cement", one "places concrete"

I know, it's petty of me, but it's a pet peeve. Kind of like "I SEEN that" instead of "I SAW that" and spelling the word "advise" when what is intended is "advice".

I'm a year away from a civil engineering bachelors. I never knew about that going in, but now anytime someone says cement 99% of the time I get frustrated haha.

Almost as bad as blade instead of bar??? Maybe.

I'm a year away from a civil engineering bachelors. I never knew about that going in, but now anytime someone says cement 99% of the time I get frustrated haha.

Congratulations man! Very few people realize how difficult this chosen profession is. This spring made 27 years since I got my degree. It's been a fantastic career so far. Never a day out of work in those years and always had another standing job offer or two waiting for me should I ever tire of the one I have.

Keep up the hard work - it will pay off.

Almost as bad as blade instead of bar??? Maybe.

Or wood instead of timber just ask a chippy:wink2: We build houses with TIMBER and burn WOOD!!!!

Latest posts

Back