HELP! Can I Save The Bar?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a 25" Total Super bar on one of my Stihl 08s & 17" Stihl rollermatics on a couple of other 08s. When I got my 25" Total Super bar it was $50 & I payed close to the same for the 17" Stihl bars.

Both brands have been holding up about equally well & have been happy with both brands.

Since this was posted on other sites as well, I will add it to this thread: if you have pulled fibers from the protective bats, it is time to replace those chaps - they paid for themselves. Bring the old ones to a GTG for demos.

I don't understand this part - 'nothing at all' would have meant that you were not posting about your bar, but your leg.

Philbert

What Philbert said. If you came in contact with the chaps it is time to replace them. They are like a helmet, they are good for one accident and need to be replaced.

Also I am a firewood cutter as well and I just checked the price of a 20" stihl bar at my local dealer through stilh's website and it was $46. My dealer usually a little easier on his prices versus the stihl online prices but at $46 I would replace the bar and get back to cutting. The other bar will be there to mess around with once you get your wood cut split and stacked and the temps outside get to hot to want to cut or to cold this winter. Looks like good aftermarket bars are going to be prices similar to the stihl bar if not more by the time you deal with shipping etc. Good luck.

Back