Help finding an 18'' 72DL Husky 455 Bar for 3/8 chain

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Byrdmando

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Apparently, Bailey's does not carry this particular size. Am I missing something? Any other places I should check? Thanks.

Will just take a guess that you are actually looking for a 18" 72DL Husky 455 Bar for .325 chain.

If you want one in the 3/8, and 18" small mount will be 68DL and be certain you have a 3/8 rim or spur.

Will just take a guess that you are actually looking for a 18" 72DL Husky 455 Bar for .325 chain.

If you want one in the 3/8, and 18" small mount will be 68DL and be certain you have a 3/8 rim or spur.

Yeah 3/8 pitch 72 drive lengths will be for a 20" bar. I believe that to be pretty much universal except for maybe Echo.

All my 18'' chains have 72 stamped on the drive links. I have only recently been paying attention to bar and chain setups. Used to be that I would buy whatever chain said 18 inches on it and go with it.

Now the bar I ruined yesterday is a 68DL but because all my chains say 72 on the dl I thought I would try to find a bar that matched the chains I already have.

So I am pretty confused right now.

All my 18'' chains have 72 stamped on the drive links. I have only recently been paying attention to bar and chain setups. Used to be that I would buy whatever chain said 18 inches on it and go with it.

Now the bar I ruined yesterday is a 68DL but because all my chains say 72 on the dl I thought I would try to find a bar that matched the chains I already have.

So I am pretty confused right now.

The '72' on drive links of Oregon chains means that it is 3/8" pitch, and .050 gauge. Count the number of drive links on your loops to get the actual number. Should be 68 according to what you said.

This information is usually stamped on your bar near the mount, but could be worn off or hard to read. It might also reference Husqvarna numbers which are slightly different, such as 'H__'.

Or you can call Bailey's during daytime hours and explain what you have, and the customer service people should be able to help you.

Philbert

Thanks Philbert. That is good info. Maybe I was using the correct setup the whole time and did not even know it.

Latest posts

Back