Help for Poulan Super 25

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TenPas

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have a Poulan Super 25 equivalent (mine is an Allis Chalmers) and am having trouble with the oil pump. It has a thumb-operated non-auto oiing mechanism, and I can't get oil through the thing. Looks simple enough when you take it apart, but no juice. Nice saw, so I hate to throw it out - plus it was my dad's.

Are there any assembly manuals out there, or anyone have a junk one that I can get the pump mechanism? I have attached a picture of another Super 25 equivalent (stolen from Chain Gang - thanks guy) if anybody needs to know what it looks like. Mine is exactly the same, except a plastic switch and a greenish-yellow Allis Chalmers color.

Thanks - any help would be approeciated.

I haven't owned a super25 in years, but they were tough saws. My first climbing saw was a super25. The oilers were a weak spot on those saws. Poulan quit making them last year but parts may still be available. Have you checked to see if you can get a new oiler or rebuild kit? I would start with the local saw shops to see if they can order one if they don't have it in stock.

Hi TenPas,

Your Poulan Super25 does have an automatic And a manual oil pump for the chain. The manual pump is mainly to prime the oil line. The whole thing is pretty simple. You can get parts at (800)554-6723.
My guess is that either you have a clogged oil line. Or, more likely, the oil pump diaphram to the crankcase is ruptured. You can check this really easily by removing the pull-start assembly. On the lower left side of the flywheel is the pump diaphram cover held on by two screws. It is about the size of a nickel coin. Remove this cover and see if the diaphram has a hole in it. Let me know what you find out about your saw.

Carroll

Thanks. Spent a few miles on the vehicle to take the unit to a 'real' Poulan dealer today. He said "hey, a Super 025 in green?!?! Those things are great, I have 2 and would never get rid of them". Knew all about them, new pump is available fer about $50. I'm gonna let him look at it & fix it.

He claims the Super 025 has more units made than any other saw, ever. Had lots good to say about it.

Thanks fer the help guys, I would not have tried to get parts if I didn't ask here, I was told it was way out of production & no parts available by another local dealer.

Thought you might want to see a pic of one of my Super25's. This was my first crane removal.

you said you werent getting any oil to come through......this isnt necessarily the right way to do it but does work and is a solution until you do get it fixed...put 10w-30 or sae-30 regular motor oil in it......it is thinner oil and should flow better..it may or may not work i have had saws wehre bar oil just wont flow through the small hole they have and i gave that a try and it did work on most fo the saws i tried.......if you can i would try to fix it but this is a temporarily solution if you need to keep using the saw....it will not at all hurt the saw to use the thinner oil.....the main purpose of the oil on the bar is to carry and absorb the heat off of the chain the thinner oil will still keep the chain and bar cool.....let me know if it works

Thanks. Spent a few miles on the vehicle to take the unit to a 'real' Poulan dealer today. He said "hey, a Super 025 in green?!?! Those things are great, I have 2 and would never get rid of them". Knew all about them, new pump is available fer about $50. I'm gonna let him look at it & fix it.

He claims the Super 025 has more units made than any other saw, ever. Had lots good to say about it.

Thanks fer the help guys, I would not have tried to get parts if I didn't ask here, I was told it was way out of production & no parts available by another local dealer.

Hey, I have one in Green too, did you get yours fixed?

Latest posts

Back