help in beaverton oregon...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wired one

Reaction score
help, i let my daughter fly my plane for the first time, her first ever, and it ended up in a pine tree about 100? feet up. i cant tell for sure, but thats my best guess. ne one near beaverton and bored? could be a reward involved:)

Wish I could help you. My sister lives in Beaverton and I haven't seen her in a while, would love to come up for a visit. I usually come up in August or September, but Katrina got in the way this year.

If it's still up there in August, and we don't get another storm, ...

Oh well. Too much cleanup still to do down here and $800 plane fare. Good luck. Don't guess you could get a throwline close enough to it to shake it down? 180 feet of "Zing-it" and a 10 oz shot bag $32 from Sherrill. Sometimes I can shake down hung up limbs that way without making a climb, especially when they are out on long leaders.

hey, hope you check back in cuz i might be able to help you out. i live in eugene but maybe i could swing a trip up there to help you out. i can always find something to do up in p-town. is there any chance you could get a picture of the tree?

some holes in the wings

Hey Wired one,
Hope you get 'er up in the air again soon, and next time you could give your daughter some flight lessons in the middle of the playing fields there.
It was a fun retrieval as the rain held off.

rughead saves the day!!!!! hoooooray!!!!

so this plane was up in the tree since sunday feb 19th, or one week. during this week i have tried every day to get it loose. the method was first just a wrist rocket and lots of round river rocks. but after a while i incorporated a fishing pole, a led sinker and the wrist rocket. the idea was to shoot the sinker with line attached up and around the plane, or over the small branch it was caught on, then pull the line and shake it loose. sounds good in theory. the result of a weeks worth of these effrots resulted in blowing several holes in the wing, blew half the back end off, and theres maybe 3 strands of fishing line hanging out of the tree that was not before. grrr.

late last week i was watching pbs, and the oregon field guide program when they featured a story about people who climb trees for fun. so went found the web site of the guys the story was about, it was a commercial site, then i started doing searches on yahoo and thats how i found this site. when i posted this thread then realized most posts were from all over the country i thought, yea right, pretty unlikely anyone will respond. and much to my surprize...

rughead..(J.) sent me a pm, i sent him my cell, and he came over sunday afternoon and climbed el tree and got the poor abused plane. when offered a reward all he asked for was 10 bucks for gas. unbeliveable. there are still nice people in the world, and i was fortunate enough to meet one sunday. again, many many many thanks to rughead, great job man!! now for your viewing pleasure, some pix. and also a link to the rcgroups message board where this drama started, im also wired one on that board, and dont think i started posting till page 2. and thanks for all the replys people, you tree climbing peeps are very nice indeed.

wired one

the whole sorid tale in detail

Back