Help in identifying 2 different age 254XP's

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

husqy254xp

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have these 2 254XP's - I have just got one going after 12 years since I got them, and god only knows how long they sat before I got them.

I have two and I am missing some parts, some parts look like they are the same on both and I have tried them on each saw and they fit but some parts are different. I need a new top cover for the saw on the left of the two shown together.

The one I have up and running is 8050480 - 1998 254G it has a metal chain brake cover the other is plastic with locating lugs that locate into the saw body, the date plate on this one has all the black paint worn off and the engraving seems only to engrave into the paint, not the metal so it is now impossible to read any data off it. However, someone has engraved 5080734 onto the saw body, looks like it's the serial, which would suggest it is ealier - the one on the right runs and is complete more or less - it has the metal chain-brake cover.

20160224_232650_resized.jpg

This is the other side of the metal chain brake cover saw - serial 8050480 year-1998:

20160224_232718_resized.jpg

This is the other side of the plastic chain brake cover saw possible 5080734:

20160224_232732_resized.jpg

Can anyone help me with identifying the left hand one on the top photo - as it has more plastic I think it will be a later saw - I cannot find anywhere to lookup serials.

Thanks.

The one that isn't complete is older for sure based on the recoil starter (unless it was added to the saw later). But if you want some good info. Take some close, good photos of the serial # tags and someone will tell you more info based on that.

The one that isn't complete is older for sure based on the recoil starter (unless it was added to the saw later). But if you want some good info. Take some close, good photos of the serial # tags and someone will tell you more info based on that.
Thanks.

Looking at it the more square recoil does look more dated than the more modern recoil with the angled pull-cord .

Latest posts

Back