Help me choose how to heat...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Owb and make your own insulated lines I put in a Earth last year for @ $7500total. I'm heating my house and outbuilding with it and my total utility bills are averaging @ $160. I belong to an electric co-op and every news letter i get talks about electric rates continuing to increase, mostly because of the epa making it harder to generate electricity from coal fired pplants

Funny you mention the Earths. That's what I was looking at...

Yea I hear all you guys. OWB is the way I want to go... I'll probably sell the motorcycle and some saws this sping and get some cash flowing toward the OWB fund. I had though about getting the bits and pieces and getting the inside work done over the winter.

I still want to know if anyone has tried a NEST thermostat with an OWB and another electric or LP furnace.

For every advantage there is a drawback ..If you get a boiler not only
Are you going to have a very involved install and a high initial cost with many years before you get a payback .. But you also better love to cut wood and have plenty of it too. Owb offer long burn times but have giant fire boxes that hold a train load and with the epa getting stricter by the year it begs the question ..will this boiler be outlawed down the road. ?a hotblast Chinese made air furnaces aren't much better for wood consumption they throw good heat but have poor efficiency and burn dirty ..

Latest posts

Back