Help me identify this Poulan please

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chainsaw Collectors

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hi everyone. Today I was helping my neighbor clean out his garage and he gave me an old Craftsman saw that I’ll be parting out and this Poulan with case. There was also a Poulan WoodShark clutch cover in the garage that I got. I’m wondering if this saw is a Wood Shark or what? Thanks for your time.
IMG_6380.jpegIMG_6381.jpeg

Not into old abused saws at all. Bad enough I own an old Stihl 028 WB that I bought a long, long time ago. Had a Poolan years ago. Was a vapor locking monster. Bought it the same time I bought my 075 and 090G. weak moment and a fat wallet. The Poolan I had, had a bow bar on it. Like the 28 a lot. No plastic except the carb shroud. All alloy. Have fun...

Just curious. does the woodshark clutch cover you seen fit and is it the same color.
If it does that would be a hint that it's maybe a Woodshark.
I've got into instances such as you on this one, have two or 3 Poulans with the same Name on the covers but the parts just will not be exactly the same for swapping donor parts.
Every once in awhile I'll get a good running Poulan but it needs few parts and if I don't have donor parts from other saws to even make it a Frankenstein Poulan it also becomes a salvage donor for future use.
I do not put any serious money into a Poulan. They just seem to always want few more $$'s.
You might look at some close up pictures of Poulan woodhsharks on fleece bay and compare to yours.?????????????

Just curious. does the woodshark clutch cover you seen fit and is it the same color.
If it does that would be a hint that it's maybe a Woodshark.
I've got into instances such as you on this one, have two or 3 Poulans with the same Name on the covers but the parts just will not be exactly the same for swapping donor parts.
Every once in awhile I'll get a good running Poulan but it needs few parts and if I don't have donor parts from other saws to even make it a Frankenstein Poulan it also becomes a salvage donor for future use.
I do not put any serious money into a Poulan. They just seem to always want few more $$'s.
You might look at some close up pictures of Poulan woodhsharks on fleece bay and compare to yours.?????????????
Yes, the clutch cover is an exact fit. I also don’t like spending a lot of money on Poulans.

Keep it for parts. They are actually easy to work on and good to practice your repair skills. AM Piston/cylinder kits are cheap, and you can play with modifying them without investing a lot.
Junk ones can be picked up for $10-20, and they actually run half decent when put together right. A good saw to toss in the back of a truck or quad that you don't care if it get bounced around.

Keep it for parts. They are actually easy to work on and good to practice your repair skills. AM Piston/cylinder kits are cheap, and you can play with modifying them without investing a lot.
Junk ones can be picked up for $10-20, and they actually run half decent when put together right. A good saw to toss in the back of a truck or quad that you don't care if it get bounced around.
Good loaners and they don't get stolen.
A Muff Mod is a good first step

Latest posts

Back