HELP! Novice With Another Question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
... i just bought the 36 inch powermatch bar with 2 loops of WP 33RP ripping chain - .375 and .063 gauge from bailey's. Did I screw up?

I think ya done good :cheers:

As long as you matched the drive links with the bar you're good to go. I have two 36 inch bars, both for Husky, both 3/8, .063, but my Windsor Speed Tip takes 119 drive links, and the 36 inch Husqvarna bar that came with the 395 only takes 115 links. That husky 36 inch bar is indeed physically a little shorter than the Speed Tip. There seems to be enough slack in the tightening mechanism to where an extra link over or under can be taken up, but there is a limit. My 115 link chains will not fit on my 119 link bar, so 4 links less puts a fly in the soup.

Keep us informed on how things go when you get that Christmas package and start playing with your stuff.

I think ya done good :cheers:

As long as you matched the drive links with the bar you're good to go. I have two 36 inch bars, both for Husky, both 3/8, .063, but my Windsor Speed Tip takes 119 drive links, and the 36 inch Husqvarna bar that came with the 395 only takes 115 links. That husky 36 inch bar is indeed physically a little shorter than the Speed Tip. There seems to be enough slack in the tightening mechanism to where an extra link over or under can be taken up, but there is a limit. My 115 link chains will not fit on my 119 link bar, so 4 links less puts a fly in the soup.

Keep us informed on how things go when you get that Christmas package and start playing with your stuff.

Yes, I ordered the loop to match the specs that bailey's gave for the bar I bought....it said it was 115 links of .375 .063 , so I ordered 2 loops of that.
Anthony

Yes, I ordered the loop to match the specs that bailey's gave for the bar I bought....it said it was 115 links of .375 .063 , so I ordered 2 loops of that.
Anthony

You should be fine. I only had a catch when I ordered my 42" bar and came up one link short (Oregon said 135 and I needed 136 IIRC). But the 36" worked out fine at 115.

You done good.

Mark

Latest posts

Back