HELP...Pro Mac 850

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlacey85

Reaction score
Hi everyone. i have recently got a mcculloch pro mac 850 that has been in the family for a long time and i would love to find a master rebuild kit and i cant find anything on this saw. Can anyone please help and point me in the right direction to get some type of rebuild kit for the cyld , carb, etc. Thanks everyone i look forward to hearing your feedback.

Maybe Macs are different but I haven't heard of "master rebuild kits" for saws like there are for cars.

Parts could be tough. Ebay is your friend -- kinda. :D Also the Arborsite trading post.

Does the saw actually need to be rebuilt? Things like carb kits and filters are still around but you will pay as much or more for a new cylinder than you would for a running PM 850 so I wouldn't advise rebuilding the motor unless it's burnt up. That said, they are great saws when they are running and that big Mac sound is like nothing you'll hear from a modern saw.
:greenchainsaw:

thanks for the feedback guys. i havent done a compression test yet but it has fuel and spark and will not start and hasnt run for 20 years.

It probably just need a good carb cleaning, carb kit, fuel line, fuel filter, and spark plug.

Latest posts

Back