Help - Stihl 360 Pro Muffler Mod

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SINGLE-JACK

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I want to muffler mod a Stihl 360 pro. There probably is a post explaining how, somewhere! Did the search thing - can't find a good post of DIY details. Can anyone walk me through the procedure or at least point me to a link that does?

Thanks. There was a lot of good material in that tread - mostly 361.

However, my 360 Pro has a very different muffler. It screws apart and has NO internals except the spark screen. Really easy to work on.

Before anyone complains about still using a 360 Pro ... I gotta run it 'til it dies. So, I figure a little muffler mod can't hurt. But, I can't find anything about how far to go without going too far. I'm guessing that opening the exhaust hole a little should do it - if anyone knows how much.

Older saws like that don't really need a muff mod as much as newer ones do. If I were you I'd just yank the screen (unless you need it) and maybe try to flare the opening a little bit with a scrench...

:givebeer:

Older saws like that don't really need a muff mod as much as newer ones do. If I were you I'd just yank the screen (unless you need it) and maybe try to flare the opening a little bit with a scrench...

:givebeer:

I got to have the :censored: screen - but I'll try the scrench/flare thing.

Thanks!!! too far away to give you a beer but I'll drink one in your honor - how'd that be.

Easy to do and keep screen too. Pull muffler off and remove screen, open the current hole to 9/16to 5/8 reinstall screen and muffler. retune saw.

Latest posts

Back