Help: Waist Size/Dee-size don't match. Trying to fit a Cougar.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soilarch

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I ordered a Med. Cougar from Wesspur and it arrived today. Only saddles at work are the classic "open" 4D style so I've never tried on a rope bridge. I'm 6' 2" and a solid 240...so I'm used to ordering L or XL in everything. My waist is 36-38" depending on brand but from hip to hip is a solid 22" giving me a D size of 24"bar or even 25". Weaver size chart says Med is 34-40" waist and 22"D. Large is 40-4? and 24"D. It arrived tonight and I can barely get the thing over my hips...but once on the belt is in the middle grommet. I plan on putting my own rope bridge on so adding an inch in the bridge is no issue.

I've hung on Ds that pinched my hips and know how bad that sucks. Do I live with the tight-ish D measurement and put a longer bridge in? Do I order a Large and hope the belt goes small enough? Nearest place to try stuff on is over 1.5hrs and not even sure if they carry many/any saddles (Newburgh Vermeer).

EDIT: Did some more searching and it sounds like a very short bridge is something many here have noted about this saddle.

Last edited:
I do not own a cougar but if I am reading you right you are saying that the belt fits but the rope bridge is tight... In that case I would just adjust the length of the bridge when you install a new one.

We are close in size. I go between 34"- and 36" waist. When I used to climb in weaver saddles I always ordered large.

Thanks MD... I typed that thread up on my phone last night and by the end of it I was so frustrated I'm surprised it made any sense at all.

I guess I was trying to ask if the belt size or the D-size should determine the size I get.

I've decided to stop complicating things. The belt fits...and this ain't a custom made saddle. Period.

Latest posts

Back