Help with an 026

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marsingbob

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
In the course of some less than completely skillful work on an 026 I managed to bend and distort the flat spring that provides tension on the choke lever and holds the contact to turn the ignition off. Does anyone have a picture of what it should look like, or a link to a reasonable clear drawing? It looks like it should be simple, but I am having a heck of a time getting it to both provide the right tenson on the choke lever and not contact the kill circuit until the thumb portion of the lever is completely up.

In the course of some less than completely skillful work on an 026 I managed to bend and distort the flat spring that provides tension on the choke lever and holds the contact to turn the ignition off. Does anyone have a picture of what it should look like, or a link to a reasonable clear drawing? It looks like it should be simple, but I am having a heck of a time getting it to both provide the right tenson on the choke lever and not contact the kill circuit until the thumb portion of the lever is completely up.
I just sold my 026 yesterday or I would of gladly took a picture for you. I was also having a bit of an issue with the "kill switch", I took a flat bladed screwdriver and spread open the flat spring thing. I have heard the 026 was/is a great saw but the one I had smoked too much for my liking, lots of fumes while using it, stayed rev'ed up to high (at idle) until it got warmed up, for some reason I couldn't budge the idle adjusting screw, etc. so I sold it. Hope yours runs well and give you no problems (mine was the regular model not the pro). Steve.

I just sold my 026 yesterday or I would of gladly took a picture for you. I was also having a bit of an issue with the "kill switch", I took a flat bladed screwdriver and spread open the flat spring thing. I have heard the 026 was/is a great saw but the one I had smoked too much for my liking, lots of fumes while using it, stayed rev'ed up to high (at idle) until it got warmed up, for some reason I couldn't budge the idle adjusting screw, etc. so I sold it. Hope yours runs well and give you no problems (mine was the regular model not the pro). Steve.

Too bad you didn't get that one straightened out. Sounds like it was running rich. Those are a nice saw. Just had one in my hands today.

I have 3-4 of them in my aresenal at any given time and they certainly are great workhorses, all of them a re ported and mm. They all have fully adjustable 194 carbs on them and they work flawlessly. If you have bent that stainless steel spring out of shape you might as well toss it and get a new one from your dealer, they are a big pain in the azz to get them back into shape and make them work correctly if they get bent improperly.

I have one on my bench right now but I tore it down last night to clean it; it will be back together tomorrow night

255765d1349491627-imag0051-jpg

Your photo

Mine is for sale on ebay nowView attachment 255767

Last edited:
With the help I received, the saw is running great. The switch is better than it has been since I got the saw. Thanks to everyone.

Latest posts

Back