help with saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goldtrak

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I was just given two saws a homelite 2100s 36" bar also a McCulloch 125s 36" bar I do not know what saws are worth hope you can help me .

Look on ebay for closed auctions. It would also help to know the condition of the saws, including pictures. I'm pretty sure that 2100 parts are getting hard to come by which would make them very interesting to someone with one that they were trying to keep going, but not so interesting to someone like me that is looking for a bigger saw but doesn't want the parts headache.

Welcome to the forum. You might want to post this down in the chainsaw section for better traffic.

Ian

those saws both have negative value, if you ship them to me you will just about break even.

They are both torque monsters and would make great milling saws. They will be hard to find parts for, but if they are in good condition and run you might as well use them.

Be aware that neither of these saws has a chain brake. I have not found this to be a problem with the older saws I use but it is always in the back of my mind and I do not let anyone else use it.

Terrific finds, both of them! I've always lusted after those sp125s. BlueRider makes a good point regarding the safety features of those saws (nothin'). I do NOT let anyone else use any of my older saws for this reason. On the other hand, if you loan out an SP125, you'll be arrested by the chainsaw police and tried and convicted in chainsaw court.

I'll say that NONE of my big millers has a chainbrake. You'd have to be doing something pretty wrong to get zapped while operating a CSM... but I'm kind of a freak about staying away from the "strike zone" on any chainsaw. Damn things scare the hell out of me!

Latest posts

Back