Help with some basic knot and roap application

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine is an aftermarket stock, but I agree that the thumbhole would be a good place to attach a line to, but I still opt against it. It's not about having a good place to attach a pull rope. I unload/remove the primer, and strap the rifle across my back via the sling. It's the best way to control where the muzzle is pointed at all times (even though it's unloaded), keeping it from getting caught on branches/limbs on the way up/down, and keeps me from having to try to lean out/bend over to grab a pull rope to bring it up/lower it down. I've looked at it every way I can think of, and I can not come up with a single logical reason to do it any other way. My method keeps me safe, others safe, the weapon safe, and allows me to maintain complete control of the weapon at all times. Only draw backs are: It doesn't work with climbing stands, and it doesn't give me a reason to go out and buy a bunch of gismo's that folks are selling.

My boys think I'm weird but harmless.
The prusik requires a second rope so I have to put another line up tied to the bed post.
Yes I know, crazyer than a bed bug, but I can tie knots in the dark. :laugh:
CUL FREDM

So what is crazier than a bed bug?
I hate to admit this but I screwed an eye with a carabiner in the ceiling above my bed to practice knots. (and NO, it is not for some weird bondage thing!)
Good thing too as today, by the time I finished moving around in the tree and was ready to come down, it was dark and the headlamp flashlight I had stopped working, so I was literally tying knots in the dark.

attachment.php

dont lie!

.....y bed to practice knots. (and NO, it is not for some weird bondage thing!)
Good thing too as today, by the time I finished moving around in the tree and was ready to come down, it was dark and the headlamp flashlight I had stopped working, so I was literally tying knots in the dark.

Something tells me if I said, "and YES, it is for some weird bondage thing", you would say the same thing, "don't lie". Or maybe, stop showing off all your shinny toys. :msp_wink:

x

Latest posts

Back