Help with Stihl 041 Farmboss

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Agr516

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg I recently purchased an 041 Farmboss with a 14" bow. I wanted the bow bar more than anything but thought it would be a good toy to have. The owner could only get it to fire by putting mix into the carb. I tool it home and replaced the fuel and impule lines, spark plug, and put a new carb kit in it. It fires up for me now but after getting warm, it will shut off and only start with the choke for a couple of times momentarily and the. Refuse to start at all. The saw also puts out an enormous amount of oil no matter what i do to the adjustment screw. I read a couple threads about bad seals in the oil pump causing air leaks and running problems and thought that may be the answer to both problems. I pulled the pump and adjustment screw out tonight and cannot see any problems with the rubber seals. I thought before i reassemble i would ask if you guys might see something that i am missing or possibly have any suggestions. On another note, i bought an air filter from an online supply site (not OEM) and it did not fit. The plastic tips were far from lining up with the holes on the filter plate and the inside of the top shroud. The carb filter plate is flat and the style of filter that i bought looks to be correct if the tips were just spaced properly. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Latest posts

Back