Help with Stihl ID

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmosabi

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I got this saw the other day with a group others. It had a top cover of an 036 sitting on top (not attached) as someone had taken the jug off, so i just assumed it was an 036. Once I got home and started looking around, It seemed to me that the saw looks bigger than an 036..and it has the metal cover on back that screws on. Plus the 036 cover looks like it wouldnt fit right.

so what do i have? The serial number is 116525450

here are pics

TIA

looks like an old 064 or 066..

Find a part number on one of the castings... it will be in the from of xxxx xxx xxxx, like 1122 040 1234

Lakeside53 said:
looks like an old 064 or 066..

Yeah, it does... like the upper AV mount near the handlebar mount on the clutch side, how the rear handle has the protrusion by the kill switch, the gas cap looks bigger than the oil cap (although the 036 would be like that) the clutch drum looks pretty big in relation to the oiler plate... that's where my vote is

Going by the air filter backing, and the cover for same, its an 064. plus the av mount on the clutch side of the fuel tank near the handlebar gives it away.

Back